No announcement yet.

Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a simple White wedding band / engagement ring, no Stone. My husband has the same. I never take it off, not even for yoga (sometimes it hurts!). It has lasted Four, bordering five years and i just think i have to somehow clean it. My mother has a gold ring with a big dark green Stone in it -that is pretty and suits her well, but also hurt her a bit because the ring is not even. My husband and I chose and paid for the rings together - They have our names and wedding day inscribed, and I love taking the ring off to see inside. If i got engaged to my so i think i will want something simple too, if stones small ones. Then I can wear one on each hand.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The image below belongs here!

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

These are beautiful!!!! I don't know how to upload a photo ��

Comment

Here's my engagement ring. I told him I wanted white gold & a peridot center stone (his birthstone).

Comment

Originally posted by RedWhirlwind View Post
            Here's my engagement ring. I told him I wanted white gold & a peridot center stone (his birthstone).

Wow.. that is beautiful!

this thread makes me sad cause I just recently lost a diamond from my engageent ring! I think I will only take it out for special occasions now..

Comment

Originally posted by RedWhirlwind View Post

OMG I love that! I want one as a non-engagement...it is gorgeous! Peridot is one of my favorites.
              ~~~

Comment

Your ring is beautiful, RedWhirlwind ! Love the fact that it's your SO's birthstone, too. That's such a nice idea

This is my engagement/wedding ring. I'll be using it when we get married, too.

Comment

I absolutely love rings, so of course I dream about my engagement ring. I know that I definitely want it all white, color wise. White gold and only white diamonds. I have a couple rings with colored stones already, so I think the white diamonds will set it apart from my other rings. And I don't like yellow or rose gold.

I really like rings like this. Round with the channel diamonds.

Now that I'm looking more, I think I like the look of square channel diamonds better. They fill the space more, so it looks classier I think.

But, I also love the idea of something more simple. Perhaps a thin band, three stones, princess cut. I can't really find any that have a bigger stone in the middle though. All the ones with thin bands are either solitaire, or all three stones are fairly small. But I was thinking something like the picture below, but with a smaller diamond on each side. With a plain wedding band. It's sad that I can't find a picture of what I have in my head

"You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
                    Your ring is beautiful, RedWhirlwind ! Love the fact that it's your SO's birthstone, too. That's such a nice idea

Your ring is so unique and beautiful, abna! I love it

Comment

Very pretty! Though I'm biased since it is similar to mine I also have just one ring.

Comment

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
                        Your ring is so unique and beautiful, abna! I love it
                        Thank you, that's so sweet

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                        Very pretty! Though I'm biased since it is similar to mine I also have just one ring.
                        Thank you, lucybelle Just browsed through the pages to find your ring. It's beautiful ! No need for two

Comment

We've been engaged nearly six months and I just realised I've not posted a picture of my ring on this thread! Tut tut. So here it is

I'm in love with it!

Comment

Thanks! What are the engravings on your ring? It's really pretty! I only wanted a wedding band, but he insisted on giving me an engagement ring too, lol. Who'da thought the man would be more insistent on that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejay Belle View Post
                              OMG I love that! I want one as a non-engagement...it is gorgeous! Peridot is one of my favorites.
                              I wish I could tell where he got it, but I have no idea! He won't tell me, lol.

Comment

I know it's probably a little too soon for me to be thinking about this but SO and I have already had plenty of conversations about the future, including engagement and rings. I'm in that group of people that don't want a ring. Yes, I said I don't want a ring. I think I would prefer that money be spent on something different, like our wedding or something useful for the both of us, like going towards our first house together or something along those lines. I'm more interested in a special wedding ring than I am an engagement ring. Partly, I'm not a jewelry person and I am too worried that I would possibly lose it, so I've made my boyfriend promise to never buy me an engagement ring and instead do something special with that money.

Comment

Working...
                                X