No announcement yet.

Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were walking by a store and the subject of "what jewelry do you want?" came up. To be a smartass, I told him a diamond ring. I thought he would laugh it off, but we ended up looking over the potential rings we both liked. I told him I wanted an Opal instead of diamond and he showed me some more plain basic bands like his mom has and then the subject of paying for it came up.....

So, my question now is this. I have my old rings from last marriage and they should be worth a bit. Should I cash them in, or give them to him to give him the ability to buy us rings we really want or hang on to them in case I ever "really need that money?"

I'm thinking something like this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=opal...gdii=_&imgrc=_
    Last edited by Hollandia; July 2, 2014, 06:17 PM.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you don't want them, then I say give them to him! Might as well put it to good use. I have a sapphire ring, white gold, surrounded by diamonds (like the princess Diana engagement ring). It's one of my favorite rings. I would love for him to take it and replace the sapphire with a diamond. I think it would be a beautiful engagement ring. He doesn't want to do that....he wants to buy me a new ring.
      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
        You've got good taste Mims, she's a lucky lady!
        Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
        Love it, Mims! Mine is a similar style! Great taste.
        Originally posted by emsimes View Post
        So beautiful, Mims! Congrats!
        Thanks ladies!! I'm quite proud of myself!
        She has the ring with her now but I told her she's not allowed to wear it! I still have no idea how I'm gonna do it...I'm so not creative!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

We have been having the same talk and after much searching I decided on white gold (cheaper then platinum), asscher cut (it is a 1930s style square), halo (one main diamond surrounded by smaller ones all around), and an eternity band (has the eternity symbol coming off both sides of the stone). It has a nice vintage/deco look that I love and it makes a beautiful statement.

Comment

I want a yellow gold engagement ring. Solitair, round cut and low profile. Id love to have more stones on the band or halo.
            I'm going for gold because I wear my moms wedding ring and that one is gold too.
            The diamond doesnt have to be huge. I'd much rather have a good quality shiny diamond than a shitty big one that looks yellow w black spots.
            But whatever Ryan gets me will be perfect. I want him to sit down and pick one out for me. That means the world to me.

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
              I think that's what I was thinking of. I just knew I'd heard something about white gold needed cleaning/refinishing after a while.
              They do need cleaning. My husband and I just cleaned our wedding rings after 5 years of marriage, they really needed it, now they look brand new.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Got this for my woman in Dec. We are officially engaged! <3

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyKat View Post

Congratulations!!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyKat View Post

The ring is gorgeous, good job, and congrats
                    "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
                    Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
                    Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
                    First Visit: December 7, 2017
                    Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Thank you she wanted a princess cut center stone and "lots of sparklies" so that's what she got.

Comment

That's a beautiful ring, KrazyKat! Congratulations

Comment

Nothing like looking at other people's engagement/wedding rings to make you crave it for yourself! I also am realizing that what I want (and thought was modest compared to many other people!) is actually not modest in the slightest compared to many of you. Whoops! If this is a ring I'm wearing the rest of my life then I want something substantial! Just one caret white diamond and a simple band...that's not too much to ask for, right? My SO is insisting on at least a caret, which I wouldn't fight him on, but I also can't see spending a small fortune on jewelry!

Comment

My fiance bought me the most beautiful halo engagement ring.
                            But it turned in to a bit of a disappointment.
                            When I first got it I was visiting him for two weeks and he proposed in the second week.
                            Two weeks after being home a stone fell out of the halo.
                            I was shocked and afraid I didnt take good care of it (impossible, I treated it so well!)
                            SO was shocked too and I sent the ring back.
                            He brought it back the next time we saw each other which was December.
                            It was repaired and looked stunning! 2 days after my fiance left another stone fell out...
                            By this time he was really mad and I sent him the ring AGAIN and he returned it. Now he has a whole new ring picked out and I cant wait to see it in March!!!

Comment

My fiance bought me the most beautiful halo engagement ring.
                              But it turned in to a bit of a disappointment.
                              When I first got it I was visiting him for two weeks and he proposed in the second week.
                              Two weeks after being home a stone fell out of the halo.
                              I was shocked and afraid I didnt take good care of it (impossible, I treated it so well!)
                              SO was shocked too and I sent the ring back.
                              He brought it back the next time we saw each other which was December.
                              It was repaired and looked stunning! 2 days after my fiance left another stone fell out...
                              By this time he was really mad and I sent him the ring AGAIN and he returned it. Now he has a whole new ring picked out and I cant wait to see it in March!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MissingMyDutchLove View Post
                                Nothing like looking at other people's engagement/wedding rings to make you crave it for yourself! I also am realizing that what I want (and thought was modest compared to many other people!) is actually not modest in the slightest compared to many of you. Whoops! If this is a ring I'm wearing the rest of my life then I want something substantial! Just one caret white diamond and a simple band...that's not too much to ask for, right? My SO is insisting on at least a caret, which I wouldn't fight him on, but I also can't see spending a small fortune on jewelry!
                                Did you know that in the NL engagement rings arent a big deal?
                                Usually guys just buy a nice looking ring for their SOs and I rarely see a big center stone.
                                Its good that you and him are having the same thoughts on it

Comment

Working...
                                X