Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elina View Post
    Hmm so it said on the page that this is a wedding ring and it's golden (I wanted white gold) but daaaaaaaaaamn this ring is kinda gorgeous too!

Mmmmmmmmmm
    That's exactly the kind of ring I want when I get married! It's gorgeous, oh my gosh.
    I currently have both a promise ring and an engagement ring, but I want a wedding ring that's a band with diamonds built in, I don't want a big diamond.

Comment

I totally promised I'd put up a few pics. These rings of late caught my eyes.

I never thought of myself as a modern jewelry fan - I tend to more like timeless classics, but I love this and another one.

...this one.

This one's my favorite. I love rose gold.

I'm not really a huge fan of diamonds - I mean, I like them, but I like colored stones so much more, and it's funny, my boyfriend and I both want me to have a brilliant green stone. XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I want something classic and simple with a princess cut diamond like this:

Comment

I have two favorites.

This, because of my Scottish-Irish heritage:

And this, because I love low-set rings:

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
            This is gorgeous, Tanja!! I think that's a really good idea of only having a band like that.

Comment

I don't know if this will work but I love this

https://www.whitefirejewelry.com/jew...ml?sku=WF00018

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

VERY pretty!!! Love it!

Comment

Price: $3795.00

Nice though
                  In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                  Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                  Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                  My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

Nice though
                    You pay the popularity price with diamonds, and platinum is the most expensive metal there is, Andy. Good thing Tanja doesn't care for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

Nice though
                      yeah but $4000 is really nothing when you only have to buy one for your entire life AND it includes two rings
                      If he was earning very little then I obviously wouldn't be looking at something like this or would wait until we are more financially established.
                      "Traditionally" isn't it supposed to be three months pay or something? If thats right then he's getting a damn bargain!
                      But really, we are probably going to Thailand to get it made so we can get it made with super awesome diamonds on the cheap.
                      I've heard of some (obviously very spoilt individuals) who got engagement rings for $10 000+ and thats just for the one ring... I think thats going a bit overboard...

Comment

I don't like spending tons of money on this kind of thing. would rather have them made custom from a simple metal, like silver or white gold. She chose our engagement ones, they are the simplest, silver rings yet they are more dare to me then all the gold and diamonds in the world. It's not the cost of the ring, it's it's value. The secret messages that you inscribe from inside for each other ..the heart that it's given with, the fact that it is given. I look at everything like that..i think money only spoils things.
                        Of all the things I learned from you
                        The main was to let go..

Comment

Yep, I wouldn't want Sam to spend a fortune on my engagement ring either I think even like.. 1000 € is a bit too much O_o hah. Could easily do with one that's like.. 300-400 € if I like the look of it. I don't need an expensive ring.. I'd want it to look nice, sure, but like Sopho said, it doesn't have to cost thousands of pounds/euros/whatever, it's the meaning of the ring that counts.

Comment

In my culture normally the engagement ring and the wedding band comes in a set. The engagement ring has a few diamonds, and the band has maybe one or two. Normally yellow gold and diamonds. But in the culture of my hubby, the use only bands. Men wear an engagement band, so the women and men bands are similar. Then when you marry you use identical bands. So My engagement ring is almost the same as the one of my hubby, the only difference is that he ordered little diamonds in a line (because of how it is in my culture). And our wedding bands are two toned irish style www.raru.com

Comment

yeah but $4000 is really nothing when you only have to buy one for your entire life AND it includes two rings
                              If he was earning very little then I obviously wouldn't be looking at something like this or would wait until we are more financially established.
                              "Traditionally" isn't it supposed to be three months pay or something? If thats right then he's getting a damn bargain!
                              But really, we are probably going to Thailand to get it made so we can get it made with super awesome diamonds on the cheap.
                              I've heard of some (obviously very spoilt individuals) who got engagement rings for $10 000+ and thats just for the one ring... I think thats going a bit overboard...
                              Usually the standard is one months' pay. Only stores like Tiffany's like to say 3 months.

Comment

$4000 is waaay too much, even for two rings. I'd be angry if Obi spent that on me. Very angry. I think somewhere between $500 and $2000 is acceptable. Less expensive I'd be fine with, but rose gold isn't cheap, and I know mine will have to be rose gold. (I don't like white all that much and am very allergic to yellow gold)

I'm also not a fan of diamonds. They are ok if they are with another stone, but I wouldn't like an engagement ring that just had a diamond. I'd secretly be very disappointed. I'd like one with a red stone, ruby or garnet preferably, or failing that an emerald...
                                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
                                X