My LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens My LDR

Last edited by Tamara150miles; July 26, 2016, 11:55 AM.

Secret=bad. You will lose your parents trust and rightfully so.
    His parents don't know either? You are meeting a guy and no one knows you are doing this?? Stop. Right now. You are not showing maturity at all, and what you are doing can be dangerous.
    Talk to your parents. Have a group of you meet up together so your parents know him.
    You are 13. You are nowhere near being an adult, and sneaking around just makes that point.
    God, as a mom, you have me upset for safety reasons.

Comment

I know but how i'm gonna do this if my parents don't understand ?

Comment

Alright..... I am probably going to come across as a prick to you for being so straightforward and "harsh" about this, and that is fine.

Right now, because of your age, if your parents don't support it and say it's not happening, then it is not happening. Your parents are doing what they feel is best for you, and for your safety. At 13 years old, you have so much to learn. You have a lot of maturing to do, and a lot to learn about what a relationship truly is. It's not all butterflies and rainbows. If your parents do not support it, they are doing what they feel is best for you, and for your safety. You should not be meeting up with this boy in secret. It is only going to end badly for both of you, when your parents find out that you are doing that. And believe me.... In time, they WILL find out.

You need to be responsible. Talk to your parents. Try to come to an understanding with them. But overall, you should respect their judgement until you are old enough to make these kinds of decisions on your own. You are young. Very young. In my opinion, far too young for a relationship. But I am not your parent, and can not tell you what you should and should not do. But this is my advice. STOP sneaking around with this boy behind your parents back. Trust me when I say that it will not end well for you, or for him. It is VERY irresponsible to be sneaking around like this at your age. It is irresponsible to sneak around with a boy in general. Be open and honest with your parents, and stop going behind their back.
        ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
        Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
        First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
        Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
        Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
        Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

My one cousin snuck around with boys when she was 13, let me tell you... no one thinks very highly of her any more. At all. And, she's 23 now. No one trusts her, or anything she says. Her whole attitude and personality doesn't help, but she's a constant liar.

I agree with everyone. If you want your parents to trust you, be honest and upfront with them. No way will you ever gain their trust if you do what you're thinking of doing. There's also so many stories of abductions, rapes, murders, and kidnappings because these kids your age did what you want to do and didn't tell anyone about it. Even when I met my former SO, I brought my brother and his boyfriend for safety reasons. I was 24 when we met.

So............................

Comment

She deleted the post......
            I don't think we got through to her, which is kind of sad and frightening.

OP-- we are giving you advice some of us are parents, & one is a little older that you.. We really do know and understand what you feel. You just need to be mature about this and stop sneaking around.
            As mentioned, have a planned meeting where you ALL get together. It will make everyone happier.

Comment

Working...
            X