What do you do on your bad days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do on your bad days?

My weekend down has been extented up to today (PMS), I woke up this morning crying and unable to cope. It's been this way since Sunday, I need to get back to my feet because all I wanna do is text him and think about the time until he gets back all day. Yesterday he was gaming and relaxing and I got mad at him for not replying to me within 10mins, I don't want to be that stressful to him because I know it's pushing him away when I do that (with good reason lol).

I won't be seeing him until October 17th.

The best thing for you to do is keep yourself busy. Find a hobby. Go out and meet some new people. Go out with friends. Long distance is hard. Especially when you know you have to go MONTHS without seeing your partner. I spent two years waiting to see my boyfriend once every six months. It's hard. He handled it really well. Me? Not so much. I had lots of days where I was down in the dumps. It is okay to have those days. But you can't let yourself feel that way all the time. It's not healthy for you, or for your relationship.

Really the only thing for you to do to pass the time, is stay busy. Plan skype dates with him. Have dinner over Skype when you're both free. Find some online games to play together. And find things for you to do, for you. Set aside time for yourself, to do things that you enjoy. Don't become dependent on talking to him for your happiness. I did that. Believe me.... It is REALLY toxic for your relationship.

Just keep your chin up. You two have been in this relationship for a long time now. If you set your mind to it, you can do this!
    ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
    Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
    First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
    Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
    Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
    Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Thank you for your kind words. :3

Fortunately it's only two months and a half away, we've been together for four years and seen each other each week, and for the last year, practically everyday. We're very fusional and affective; we express our love with physical stuff alot but we're getting used to this distance by playing games, Skyping, texting back and forth, etc.

I try to stay busy most of the time but this week I'm working full time at the gym and it's pretty empty since it's summer vacations.. So I have plenty of time to think, which is bad for me lol. Next week I go with my parents on a 2 days trip, it'll be fun. I also try to see my friends every week but all of them have their SO around, so it's pretty hard to see them cuddling and all of thaaat. :c

Comment

I am a very rational, reasonable human being with a busy full time job and friends/activities outside work and my relationship mans you know what? Some days are just hard in this LDR thing. I have learned that if I just own the feelings on those days, and perhaps share with my SO that I am feeling crummy, I have an easier time. I am conscious that I shouldn't dwell on it for too long, though so whenever possible I try to schedule some sort of self-care, whether it's a massage or a coffee date or something else.

Comment

Time passes by fast enough but today is a painful day. Yesterday we spoke on Skype and he was chatting with his friends at the same time, I felt rejected and told him. I know it's kinda ridiculous, at least the conversation went okay after that. I feel like we need more communication, but at the same time no. 2 months left and I can't wait. I feel like I've been punched in the stomach since this morning, I miss him so much.

Comment

If he went and initiated chatting with other people during the call, I don't know even then.

But probably someone wrote him, he noticed and felt like he had to respond. It sometimes happens without us helping it~
            Also, hang in there~ You can do it :3

Comment

I don't know if he initiated it or not, but I told him I needed time alone with him. I think he understood since we called again yesterday for some more alone time. It was great.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm kind of a wreck since August began; at least each day is a day closer to when we meet again. ♥

Comment

Eat chocolate, watch romantic movies, read a book, cuddle with animals, drink hot coffee, sleep late... For me it's only important not to socialize when I'm not feeling good.
                If I'm disturbed or pissed off, then I go jogging. I usually run for an hour and half to two, what's enough to get really tired and to reduce negative energy. After that my muscles hurt so much, that I don't feel my soul aching anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by clytaemnestra View Post
                  Eat chocolate, watch romantic movies, read a book, cuddle with animals, drink hot coffee, sleep late... For me it's only important not to socialize when I'm not feeling good.
                  If I'm disturbed or pissed off, then I go jogging. I usually run for an hour and half to two, what's enough to get really tired and to reduce negative energy. After that my muscles hurt so much, that I don't feel my soul aching anymore.
                  Hi clytaemnestra,

Welcome to the boards. You will find lots of advice here and opportunities to give advice. When giving advice, please look at the dates on the posts. This one was from August and the OP and her SO have now closed the distance.
                  To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
                    Hi clytaemnestra,

Welcome to the boards. You will find lots of advice here and opportunities to give advice. When giving advice, please look at the dates on the posts. This one was from August and the OP and her SO have now closed the distance.
                    Perhaps that is evidence that some of the advice works!

Comment

I listen to music while having a hot shower and then watch movies. Always helps keep me calm and distracted.

Comment

Working...
                      X