This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunrorth View Post
    Yeah, I had to send it to her friend's address, which struck me very odd. Yeah, I know, but I just want to see if the photo matches her face or at least if the address is the correct residency of her family, if you know what I mean? If anyone lives in Dallas please help me out!
    Did you try copying and pasting the pic she sent you via an image search program? You'll know if it's a fake that way.

Comment

I already tried all of that and nothing came back.

Comment

I know giving ultimatums usually aren't the answer, but after 14 months, I would say it is time for one. No more excuses. Give deadlines. My daughters and all their friends are in their early 20's and they blow up FB, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc with selfies and group pics. Webcams have been built into laptops for years and you can't tell me that all of her friends are without a webcam or a smartphone. There is no valid excuse for her not being able to something as simple as a quick Skype video call with you.

If you decide you are going to go visit her, I would say to make it a really short visit and have things planned that you want to do in the area by yourself. This way if she won't see you, you haven't wasted a trip because you have so many things to do on your own.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
          I know giving ultimatums usually aren't the answer, but after 14 months, I would say it is time for one. No more excuses. Give deadlines. My daughters and all their friends are in their early 20's and they blow up FB, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc with selfies and group pics. Webcams have been built into laptops for years and you can't tell me that all of her friends are without a webcam or a smartphone. There is no valid excuse for her not being able to something as simple as a quick Skype video call with you.

If you decide you are going to go visit her, I would say to make it a really short visit and have things planned that you want to do in the area by yourself. This way if she won't see you, you haven't wasted a trip because you have so many things to do on your own.
          Yep. Personally, I'm not a selfie person, but my friends tend to take pictures and take them of us. In this day and age, everyone has some sort of access to a camera, or online camera. Even a majority of computer monitors for desktops come standard with a webcam now. My desk's monitor here at work has one. Even if she has a crappy flip phone, they have cameras now too. My old flip phone that I had back in 2003, when I was 15, had a camera. As blurry as it was. Lol. She could be telling the truth, but after over a year of no picture... that is very strange. Whether she has anxiety or not, by now she should've sent something.

I'm not saying she's lying, but the way she's acting and making excuses, and lying about coming to see you... it's all very strange and it honestly just doesn't add up. You have every right to doubt her, she's given you lots of reasons to.

Also, I have pretty low self esteem too, and like I said, I get pretty bad anxiety. But, even still, there are rare occasions I think I look nice and so I take a picture and post it somewhere. I haven't taken a current picture in literally a year, but there's been times, like I said, where my friends will take group pictures of us, and I'm in them and I post them.
          Last edited by whatruckus; July 29, 2016, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I asked her the same thing, like don't you take a group picture with your friends? Like what about the time on your birthday? She was like we did not take a picture. Which really bothers me a lot. I was thinking of going to quake con this coming week... but I don't want to spend over a grand and be lonely. The problem is I don't have enough money to spend much there even if short stay. I rather just save the money. That is why I want her to pay for my plane ticket. Also She keeps avoiding that flip phone selfie thingy too like it doesn't have a camera built in... Her laptop seems odd to me too that it doesn't have a cam but is able to pokemon go.

Comment

I already tried all of that and nothing came back.
              Well at least that means she didn't steal the pictures she sent you. But the lying is still suspicious.

Comment

I asked her the same thing, like don't you take a group picture with your friends? Like what about the time on your birthday? She was like we did not take a picture. Which really bothers me a lot. I was thinking of going to quake con this coming week... but I don't want to spend over a grand and be lonely. The problem is I don't have enough money to spend much there even if short stay. I rather just save the money. That is why I want her to pay for my plane ticket. Also She keeps avoiding that flip phone selfie thingy too like it doesn't have a camera built in... Her laptop seems odd to me too that it doesn't have a cam but is able to pokemon go.
                Wait a minute. She can play pokemon go?! Now that changes things. The app won't work for low tech devices. If she is able to play it then she does have a camera.

Comment

She's lying. Period.
                  Doesn't matter if she has a camera or not. Someone in her family definitely does. She's just avoiding sharing pics and her looks at all costs and with all measures.

Comment

Wait, she was claiming she can play Pokemon Go on her laptop...?
                    That's not at all how that app works. Unless she means to tell you that she's running around outside with her computer that, for whatever reason, has a rear-facing camera and a data plan.
                    Kinda sounds like a smartphone.
                    She's full of shit.

Comment

no, you can spoof on the pc... and yes when she does want to go out, she has has a Verizon little usb internet thing that she sticks in for internet. She doesn't go out at all really.. stays shut in and I see her on league till she sleeps.

Comment

I looked up Pokemon Go spoofs, and outside of parodies, this is the only thing I could find about it.
                        https://www.slashgear.com/pokemon-go...kery-29449968/

That seems like a very expensive and intricate thing to pull off. Unless there's a free for all spoof that people can play that doesn't require this sort of hacking, I'm still calling nonsense.

Comment

My best friend was able to spoof easily but with very small programs before spoofing became known. He showed the steps and they aren't hard to do. I do call bs on the laptop too, having no cam or mic.

Comment

My best friend was able to spoof easily but with very small programs before spoofing became known. He showed the steps and they aren't hard to do. I do call bs on the laptop too, having no cam or mic.
                            Then why stick around? You know she's lying about this and she lied to you about the plane ticket. A relationship is based on trust and honesty and you don't have this with her. It seems like you are more in love with an image of her or what you want her to be rather than who she is showing you she really is.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Well, you are not wrong about that last sentence. That is why I want to keep fighting because I know it will be hard to find someone as attractive and common interest. This is my first time having a white girl as a partner, especially, since I am Asian. Most Caucasians don't seem to fond of Asians where I live, and I know I won't be moving out of my hometown anytime soon. I am afraid I will die lonely sometimes because of my diabeties could one day bite me in the butt. I know I sound stupid for saying all of that but I love love love caucasian girls. This I know is hurting my health sure, but I have a month till school. For now I want to see how things go and if isn't well it is time to end it. As I will focus in school more and heal overtime when the time comes.

Comment

Well, you are not wrong about that last sentence. That is why I want to keep fighting because I know it will be hard to find someone as attractive and common interest. This is my first time having a white girl as a partner, especially, since I am Asian. Most Caucasians don't seem to fond of Asians where I live, and I know I won't be moving out of my hometown anytime soon. I am afraid I will die lonely sometimes because of my diabeties could one day bite me in the butt. I know I sound stupid for saying all of that but I love love love caucasian girls. This I know is hurting my health sure, but I have a month till school. For now I want to see how things go and if isn't well it is time to end it. As I will focus in school more and heal overtime when the time comes.
                                The world population as of mid-July 2016 is 7,404,976,783. Trust me, there are more individuals out there who will share just as many interests and be equally or more attractive to you out there. Settling for someone who doesn't treat you right is your choice to then give up the possibility of meeting the right person. You have now purposely and willfully put yourself in a bad position that you can quite easily get out of.

There is nothing wrong with your preference in what you like in females. I have always liked men with dark hair and eyes. (My fiance is Mexican.) But even with your preferences, make sure you are looking at both the inside and outside of a person. The outside can have the most beautiful packaging, but if the inside is ugly and untrustworthy, that outside packaging fades pretty fast.

Why do people tend to forget they are important? Why do they forget their health is important? You need to remember that the only person you will have consistently in your life, all your life, is YOU. This means you take care of both your physical and mental health and they need to be priorities. When you sacrifice those for another person (and especially someone who has proven to you that they aren't who they say they are), you are telling yourself that you don't matter. You DO matter. Your health matters. Your mental health matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X