Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still in the talking phase... Plans seeming more real.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still in the talking phase... Plans seeming more real.

We've been looking in different areas for houses, talking about each selling our houses, and moving in together. Months ago I told her that I would like to foster a child, and maybe eventually adopt. We talked about that very briefly, but in depth, months ago.

Last night after dinner, we walked to the park and were talking. I watched kids and adults play Pokemon Go and was a little entertained. And she said she had a question for me. She asked if I was still thinking about fostering a child in the future. I told her, yes, and that I've wanted to foster a child for a while now. I think we're both financially stable and able to care for a child, and there are a lot of kids out there who need help, so yes. She said that it might be a good idea to look in areas that have good schools, then.

Wow. I was really surprised that she is thinking ahead, and possibly of the future of a foster child that we don't even have. She even said that she would want to go to the school in the area where we move to see if it is a good school. She went on to say that if she continues to teach in the school district that she's in, that her child (or foster child) could attend that school district. I was a little overwhelmed because she teaches in a really good school district.

I was baffled, too, that she would consider staying in a school district that is 50 miles away from where we are looking at houses. I was really surprised, and am happy when I think about how she is thinking of the future.

Even though I've wanted to foster, I could never really see it. After she presented realistic scenarios, and we discussed picking an area with a good school system, it seems more of a reality than some distant want.

We still have a lot to do as far as getting our houses ready for sale, and selling our houses. A lot. Discussions like these cause me to think that it could really work out.

Aww, that's kind of adorable, reading it filled me with positive energy and emotions.

Hopefully things turn out the best~ :3

Comment

Glad to read that things are moving and progressing beautifully!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Yesterday we were talking about the certification process, and issues that some of the foster kids have, and she asked if we should adopt instead of fostering. So it seems that she's definitely open, and there may be some room for compromise on both sides. Time will tell. It seems that she is definitely open to either fostering or adopting. I'm still pretty excited that we're having these conversations.

Comment

Working...
        X