Trying to be strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to be strong

I met him almost 3 months ago. When we first started talking we thought he had at least two more years. He's been here with his brother who is in the military. Something about him made me feel like taking a chance anyways. Who knows what could happen in two years right? Well his brother ended up getting a sudden change of orders and he found out a week and a half ago that orders have changed from two years to one month. I know almost 3 months doesn't seem long but the quality of the time we've spent during this time has been amazing. I have never met anyone like him and he says the same about me. He didn't tell me right away because he didn't know how to and really didn't want to hurt me. The timing he chose to tell me was far from perfect and my initial reaction wasn't great. I tried to cut ties with him complete and I only started to drive myself crazy because I had so much questions. I went an entire day without speaking to him and it was extremely hard to do. I felt like he's not someone I can just cut off and definitely not someone I want to give up on. During that day I didn't speak to him the thought of a long distance relationship crossed my mind but I didn't see how it would work when he would never come back. That there was my problem.....I was assuming he didn't plan to come back. We finally talked and he answered all of my quetions. One which was if he ever considered coming back and he said it's constantly been on his mind since he found out the time was cut short. That was when I knew I wanted to do this for sure and he really wants to do this also. He explained also how he has many job offers abroad that would pay way more than what he makes here and he'll get to do what he loves doing. Which I completely get. Opportunities here really are not great. I've read many successful stories and it's so amazing and inspiring. I don't remember the last time I felt so sure about something. Like I said he's someone I just can't give up on. He has 4 more weeks here and I know that it's going to hurt like heck when that day comes. I also know it won't be easy and that it will take effort on both our parts to make this work. If anyone has any tips on getting through the lonely feeling and getting used to not seeing him regularly I would love to hear it.

You can do it, as long as you are both willing to put in the effort. Try to organise set times to chat or phone each other, it'll give you something to look forward to also. You can write letters too, I'm sure he'd love that.

Comment

If you've learned any tips, I would love to hear them. My SO left 2 days ago for a year in Japan. The time difference makes it so we are completely different schedules, but we have set aside time to skype. He will for sure be back in a year, so I know I'm better off than a lot of other people on here, but the depression right now is overwhelming. Our apartment, even though he left a lot of his stuff behind, feels empty. I'm always one step away from crying right now. It's only day 2, so I'm hoping it gets better with time. But if you've learned any techniques to stay strong, please let me know.

Comment

Having a SO abroad has got to be difficult. It makes me thankful mine is only 1804 miles away. LDR ARE DIFFICULT for sure. I find my self not trusting or being to needy. I have found voice or face time to be just what the heart needs. Stay patient, there has to be extra trust in LDR and don't think for a second I have not experienced any or all of these feelings

Comment

Working...
        X