Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be wrong or weird to suggest an open relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be wrong or weird to suggest an open relationship?

I am an asexual panromantic. My girlfriend is a homosexual biromantic. We met in middle school and I developed feelings for her. She however was interested in someone else so I did not say anything. Fast forward to 11 months ago. We both got out of bad relationships and I was preparing to move. I reconnected with her and despite me moving and just starting out driving we stated dating. Funny thing is we asked each other out at the same time. Anyway I moved about 30 minutes away in a different city. I got better at driving and was able to visit her more often. Now we are 11 months strong and the physical distance between us is about to grow by a lot. We will be in different states. She will be going to collage while I will be in bootcamp. I have no idea where I will be after bootcamp and I don't know how much communication we will have while I am in bootcamp. I trust my girlfriend completely. Anyway I was wondering if it would be wrong or weird to suggest an open relationship? I don't like the idea of depriving her of physical affection. Do any of you have experience with this? I don't even know if there is a right way to suggest such a thing.

Maybe try generally trying to mention an open relationship and find out what she feels about them?
    If she's okay with them and if you feel like it as well then go for it and ask her if she's okay with you two being in one.

Be careful though. Biromantic is a new term for me anyway I am a bisexual but I am strictly monogamous and I'd feel weird if someone in knowledge of that suggested me an open relationship. And I wouldn't really find it better to be able to get physical affection with others closeby.

Comment

One way to look at it is how would you feel if you were in your partners shoes. Im not familiar with the term biromantic either but do know that if my OH suggested an open relationship that I would be devastated and it would be a deal breaker for me.

Comment

I'm polyamorous, and being in an open relationship has both helped and put stress on my long distance relationship. My boyfriend has had a few sexual partners throughout our relationship, as have I, but when I started dating my current girlfriend (who goes to the same university as me) he started having issues with jealousy. He and I have been together for 11 months, and I started dating my girlfriend two months ago. Do you think you want a polyamorous relationship where both or either one of you can date other people? How will that affect your current relationship? Just some things to think about when you tall to her about it, if she's okay with it.

Comment

Hi,

do you mean that the two of you dont have a sexual relationship, and that you suggest an open relationship as in she can have sexual partners? Or are you open to her having sexual-romantic relationships with others? Are you planning to see other people too?
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
          X