Deployment :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deployment :(

My partner and I are both in the navy but on different ships, I go away in a few weeks for 7 months and his ship leaves the month I come home to England for 9 months. Then when he's home I will be away for another 3 months so in total we will be away from eachother for a year. I love him more than anything and know we can make this work out, has anyone else been away from their partner for this long?

I haven't seen my SO sind July of 2015 - so almost 14 months. I most likely won't see him until November. There are others on here who have been apart even longer. It can work if both parties want it to work. I find that I am so involved in things in my own life, that the time has actually gone by pretty quickly.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! That's so amazing! I really hope you get to see him soon. I'm hoping it'll go quite quickly but I know being on ship is very boring as there's not much to do when you're not working. There are so many negative people around me as well that don't think it'll work out because we are both young. I just can't wait to prove them wrong and can't wait until I see him again 😁

Comment

There are some incredible people on this site that you can draw strength from. I'd ask these people for support and advice. It is hard but well worth it. I wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyo95 View Post
          Thanks for the reply! That's so amazing! I really hope you get to see him soon. I'm hoping it'll go quite quickly but I know being on ship is very boring as there's not much to do when you're not working. There are so many negative people around me as well that don't think it'll work out because we are both young. I just can't wait to prove them wrong and can't wait until I see him again ��
          The bold part is the attitude you absolutely want to keep up. You're gonna have your good days and your bad days, but as long as you both still want it, you'll get through it.

Comment

Working...
          X