Greetings from a tentative poster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from a tentative poster.

Hello everyone, you can call me Lilly. I have to admit that I was hesitant to create an account here. I stumbled upon the site, quite by accident and while researching an unrelated topic, but the timing seemed fortuitous, and at least some part of me felt it could be beneficial. My situation is, perhaps, a touch more convoluted than most. I am currently in an open relationship, and I have two partners, one of whom lives in Norway. I have been close to him for 12 years, and he only recently reciprocated my long-standing feelings. I have been dating the other, American, partner for somewhere around six years and would have been content not to take advantage of the open status of our relationship if it weren't for the fact that my Norwegian partner finally found himself in the right headspace to reciprocate my feelings. I had already been planning to emigrate to Norway before our relationship changed, so I have arrangements in place and a plan on how to best set myself up for success, but now my ten-year plan feels like a lifetime. My Norwegian partner has some pretty significant health concerns, and I am incredibly worried that something could go horribly wrong in the time it takes me to prepare myself for emigration. I can't explain how badly I want to be there and able to assist him and encourage him to achieve the things he wants to in life, and I'm fearful for the time we may not have together. My American partner is wonderfully supportive, and willing to emigrate with me and talk me through the rougher periods when my Norwegian partner isn't doing so well. I'm so thankful that I have the extra support. He and I are traveling to Norway this upcoming summer to visit my Norwegian partner, and I'm terribly excited. I hope it all goes well, and I look forward to a, hopefully, great experience with this community.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Hello and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your long-distance SO's health problems, but I hope you manage to work something out. It's great that you'll get to visit in summer
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Welcome and enjoy your stay~

Comment

Working...
            X