Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriend and I are making it work by costarring in a podcast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend and I are making it work by costarring in a podcast!

My girlfriend Danielle and I have been dating for over four years now through high school, but now it's time for the both of us to attend college. I'm studying computer science at Brown University, and she's studying computer science (for now, at least) and cheerleading at Stony Brook University. We're both going to have very busy schedules, and it's going to be tough for us to talk nearly as much as we do now. However, she came up with a wonderful idea that itches a creative scratch I've had for a while as well.

Now, I know this probably isn't a feasible idea for everyone (it requires a bit of technical know-how), but we're costarring in a podcast, that we aptly call "LongDistance." It's great because it gives us an excuse to schedule time out of our week to sit down, talk to each other for a couple hours, keep ourselves engaged in each other's lives, and create a creative product for others to enjoy as well. My advice to any creatives out there trying to make a long distance relationship work: try and start a project together, something you can each have a hand in creating and something that gives you a reason to spend time together even when apart!

I'll share a link via private message if anyone's interested, I don't want to come off as advertising

That sounds like an awesome idea! It's definitely great to find ways to stay connected, and I really love the idea of having some type of project to do together. I've tried thinking of ways to have my boyfriend and I do things together, but that certainly isn't an idea I've heard couples do! It's very interesting and a unique way to bond and stay close

Comment

And it seriously isn't difficult to do a podcast or YouTube stuff.. Its pretty much point and click anymore.

Comment

This is such an awesome idea and i wish me and my SO didn't have a big time difference so this could work for us. I'm studying radio broadcasting at college just now ans one od this semesters units is podcasting and i'm honestly loving it. My SO is always very busy with work and with an 8 hour time difference we hardly have enough time as it is to talk, but oh man i'd love to do something like this with her. Really cool idea :3
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I know this post may be considered old, but if you get this reply, I'd love the link to your podcast.
          Met Online: 1998
          Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
          SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Originally posted by rache82 View Post
            I know this post may be considered old, but if you get this reply, I'd love the link to your podcast.
            On someone's profile you can see when they were last online, this was his only post so I doubt he'll see it

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHecht View Post
              My girlfriend Danielle and I have been dating for over four years now through high school, but now it's time for the both of us to attend college. I'm studying computer science at Brown University, and she's studying computer science (for now, at least) and cheerleading at Stony Brook University. We're both going to have very busy schedules, and it's going to be tough for us to talk nearly as much as we do now. However, she came up with a wonderful idea that itches a creative scratch I've had for a while as well.

Now, I know this probably isn't a feasible idea for everyone (it requires a bit of technical know-how), but we're costarring in a podcast, that we aptly call "LongDistance." It's great because it gives us an excuse to schedule time out of our week to sit down, talk to each other for a couple hours, keep ourselves engaged in each other's lives, and create a creative product for others to enjoy as well. My advice to any creatives out there trying to make a long distance relationship work: try and start a project together, something you can each have a hand in creating and something that gives you a reason to spend time together even when apart!

I'll share a link via private message if anyone's interested, I don't want to come off as advertising
              I have never understood what a podcast is. But I am glad it works for you.

First Visit: September 2016
              Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
              Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
              For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              John 4:12
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
              X