long distance relationship and anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long distance relationship and anxiety

Hello everyone I'm posting today to ask for advice. My current boyfriend and I are long distance he lives in another town a few hours away, we met on an online dating site and completely fell head over heels for eachother, we both have young children from previous relationships and things are going great, recently he asked me to come down and visit which I new eventually would happen if the relationship wants to grow, I'm terrified though for many reasons like what if I'm not what he expects even though we snap chat and send pictures all day, am I ready to have him meet my son(2) and am I ready to meet his daughter(7) what if something goes wrong while I'm there? Do we stay with him when we meet for the first time for do I get a hotel? Also I don't drive and neither does he so I'd be taking a grayhound there. I've never done this type of thing and I really do have mad feeling for him as I know he dose for me, any advice on how to handle this or go about it tips tricks anything helps. Thank you everyone foe your help and advice in advance and I look forward to being a part of this group as my long distance relationship grows.

Welcome to LFAD.

I would not worry about introducing kids or meeting kids this early on. Right now, the two of you really need to get to know each other and confirm you have something solid before bringing the kids into the mix.

As far as where to stay, that is up to you. My first visits usually put us in neutral territory - we'd get a hotel for the weekend. This kept the pressure off of family or friends stopping by and allowed us some time alone. I also never made a first visit longer than a weekend. Since you never are 100% sure of how it's going to go, I like to keep first visits short.

Also, even though you are an adult, make sure you have a few people know where you are going. Provide name, address & phone number for your SO. Let them know your arrival time and make sure you check in with them as soon as you arrive and you have met your SO. (I actually took a pic of us with my phone and then sent it to friends.) It's just a good practice for your safety.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
    X