Her Intention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Her Intention?

I know this may seem... kind of unusual or strange.. and I find it really hard to understand too. But anyways, a little while ago I made a post saying how my LDR gf told me she didn't love me anymore, and how someone else who she met irl came and told her he liked her.. putting me out of the picture.

But a couple days ago, after a while of not talking at all, she told me she made a huge mistake. Now I'm not perfect, but I don't understand who would do this. She told me she lied to get me to not like her, and acted like her and the other guy would get together, just to leave me. She told me she didn't actually like the guy.

I can understand this.. but yesterday after her saying to me that she still loved me, I asked what she wanted. She said she wanted me. Meanwhile my brain keeps adjusting to whether or not to still try to like her, and it's confusing me so much.

She told me we should wait a while until we get together again. But I don't even know about that. I'm really confused right now.

So.. should I just wait and see what happens? I seem to be always the one starting conversations, so I guess that's probably the best option.

Originally posted by Inspir3d View Post
    I know this may seem... kind of unusual or strange.. and I find it really hard to understand too. But anyways, a little while ago I made a post saying how my LDR gf told me she didn't love me anymore, and how someone else who she met irl came and told her he liked her.. putting me out of the picture.

But a couple days ago, after a while of not talking at all, she told me she made a huge mistake. Now I'm not perfect, but I don't understand who would do this. She told me she lied to get me to not like her, and acted like her and the other guy would get together, just to leave me. She told me she didn't actually like the guy.

I can understand this.. but yesterday after her saying to me that she still loved me, I asked what she wanted. She said she wanted me. Meanwhile my brain keeps adjusting to whether or not to still try to like her, and it's confusing me so much.

She told me we should wait a while until we get together again. But I don't even know about that. I'm really confused right now.

So.. should I just wait and see what happens? I seem to be always the one starting conversations, so I guess that's probably the best option.
    You deserve something better than a person who is going to mess with your feelings. It doesn't matter if it's an LDR or you lived in the same town. Right now you are both young and learning how relationships work. Lying to someone and causing them emotional upheval because they aren't sure of their feelings is not the right way.

Go live your own life - school, friends, sports, etc. Stop initiating conversations. Be good to YOU.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I understand what you're saying.. but I've never had much before her.. I went though my parent's divorce, had to deal with an irresponsible and ignorant father. I never had many friends, played little to no sports at all.. because I was very introverted (I had selective mutism). She changed everything, and I'm a different person now because of it. This is why I'm being like this.. not wanting to let go.. because she's done so much for me. But this her.. it doesn't seem like who I knew a month ago..

Right now I can easily count my "friends" on one hand.. and she's out of all people the one who knows the most about me. I just don't have many people to talk to.. besides her. I'm just not comfortable talking to any of my "friends" because of certain things.. I'm kind of secretly bisexual.. just pretty much everyone at school use the word "gay" as a joke, that's just an example, but it's true. I feel that if people knew the real me, I would become destroyed by hate.

I just feel so lonely without her.. I can't trust anyone else it seems...

Comment

Maybe you should try limited your relationship to a friends only relationship for a while. Not wanting to let go of someone important to you, who has impacted your life, is normal. But not all people that have a positive impact on you, are good relationship material. Someone that lies and messes with your head to get a better understanding of how you feel, is not healthy. Lying to a significant other is not healthy. Nor is it healthy in friendships. But it sounds like you are not willing to completely give up on this girl. That's fine, but you should protect yourself. Be friends with her. Focus on yourself, and your hobbies, school, etc. Try to maintain a friendship with her. It may work out, and it may not. After some time, you may decide you would like to pursue a relationship with her. Or you may decide that she is just not someone that you can picture yourself with in that way.

Give yourself time to sort out your own feelings, and like I said... Be friends. Sometimes relationships just don't work, but friendships do. So give it a shot. See what happens. Just don't rush back into a relationship with her. I personally have not experienced this, but many people that I am close to have. The worst thing you could do for yourself is fly back into a relationship with someone that hurt you in the past. Give it time, and don't rush. If she is willing to change and treat you better, and you decide that you want a relationship with her, then pursue it. Until then, give it time and try remaining friends. Explain to her that you need some time, but you still want to be friends with her. There is nothing wrong with that. Hopefully she is understanding.

Best of luck in, whatever path you choose.
        Last edited by LivingInWonderland; September 14, 2016, 09:57 PM.
        ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
        Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
        First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
        Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
        Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
        Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

There are about 3.5 billion women on this Earth, find one that can treat you right.

Comment

Thank you all for the support. It really helps a lot. I think I'm going to just wait things out a bit, maybe until she texts first. But when we do talk, hopefully we can be friends again, and maybe more later.

I have plenty of time, I'm still planning on going to college in Germany, which is near Luxembourg, where she lives. I had planned this before we met, and it was just a crazy miracle that she happened to live so close to where I planned to go.

Anyways, wherever the future takes me, maybe it won't be with her, but we'll just have to see.

Comment

Working...
            X