Marine Crop and Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine Crop and Relationship

When can a Marine Corp be ready for marriage/relationship? If a guy is single when he entered the Marine and has an active duty for 4 years, is after his duty a perfect time to get into a relationship?

What do you guys think?
    (Sorry for the bad grammar)

Hey, what do you mean by your question really? Like, when will he be ready for a relationship?

Comment

Yea, I'm a little confused. He can be in a relationship any time he wants. The Marine Corp has no say in that...

Comment

The only thing military involvement will really make difficult is how often you get to see each other. He's still more than allowed to pursue a relationship. He can also get married if he so desires, and a lot of military people get married while still active duty. You get better housing on base.

The only thing that would determine if he's ready for a relationship or not is how he is himself. Is he prepared for a relationship? Is he prepared for the fact that he could go months without seeing you, and even planned visits could get uprooted at a moment's notice? Is he prepared to balance military life with civilian life?

Comment

Well yeah. Ya know with all this deployments and being away for a long time, when can he get a perfect time to settle down or be in a rel

Comment

I see.

I was in the Army. First off, not everyone is cut out to be in a relationship with an active military person. When I grew up, I watched my uncle travel all over the world with his family. He moved around for about 20 years. If that's not something you can envision in the long run, this might not be for you.

You said he wants to make it his career. The military is not stopping him from having a relationship or from settling down. If he wants to pursue a relationship, he certainly can. The question might be whether you are able to accept that it might be many years before he is stationary any length of time (longer than 2 or 3 year stretches).

Partners of military folks often are adaptable and flexible.... not stationary.

Comment

Working...
            X