This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens What to talk about? Skype with my mom and SO

Short backstory: I am 18 and live in the US. I have been in a relationship for 9 months with a guy that is 25 and lives in Australia. I didn't tell anyone in my family until a couple weeks ago when I told my mom. I never called him my boyfriend to my mom, but she has said some things that imply that it's a romantic relationship. She is fine with me talking to him, but still nervous. He is originally from Pakistan and is Muslim, and while that shouldn't be a problem, it makes her nervous.

I'm hoping we will be able to figure out a time somewhat soon to have a 3 way video call. I just don't know what we would talk about. Any suggestions to avoid awkward silences? I want to make her see he is a great guy, which will take time of course. Also she has asked why would he be interested in me if he doesn't plan on visiting the US (he's afraid because of his background and all the political stuff happening right now) and if I can't go to Australia. I do want to visit Australia, especially because I have always been interested in the country long before I started talking to my bf. I'm not sure how to say I want to meet him in Australia without sounding crazy.

Thanks for any help. If you want more details, just ask
Working...
X