Best European city in November?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best European city in November?

I've got two weeks the beginning of November off and am looking at traveling somewhere. Where would you recommend going? Somewhere where the weather move be decent, chilly doesn't bother me. Anywhere still have pretty leaves on the trees?

Not sure where would be good, but wouldn't recommend Scotland as it would more than likely be grey and miserable in November.

Comment

London. Paris. Berlin. Barcelona. Roma. Or a city who can be more cold but if you are okay with this: Krakow. Moskow.. But 2 weeks is a long time for just one city!

Comment

It might be slightly too early in the season but German/ Austrian Christmas markets are spectacular. Otherwise I'd head South that time of year: Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon or somewhere further along the med. I agree with staying away from the UK in November, it'll just be rain and wind.

Comment

Yes but London is a beautiful city even with the rain!

I think that Christmas market will not be already open in the beginning of November, sadly!

Comment

Good point about Krakow. I went a few years ago in January (I think towards the end) and although it was cold it was a different kind of cold to the UK seeing as it wasn't windy too. I would opt for somewhere warm every time - would do anything to escape the cold lol.

Comment

Amsterdam Slightly biased though, but it doesn't really get cold here. Rainy maybe, but that's the same all over this side of Europe. If you have two weeks you might as well travel around, Paris/Antwerp/Brussels/Cologne are all only a few hours away. Great bus/train connections too!

Comment

I hear there are some pretty awesome people in London

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
                  Amsterdam Slightly biased though, but it doesn't really get cold here. Rainy maybe, but that's the same all over this side of Europe. If you have two weeks you might as well travel around, Paris/Antwerp/Brussels/Cologne are all only a few hours away. Great bus/train connections too!
                  How could've I forget about Amsterdam! Of course. It is a nice city. I loved it a lot when I was there. It will be really cold though.

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
                    HAHAHA tell that to those of us freezing our butts off already!

Comment

My girlfriend and I are probably going to be in Amsterdam this winter. I do have some Dutch friends there, but all of them are single guys who can't really help me find fun things to do for couples.
                      Since I am not trying to hijack OP's thread, I would be happy if the Amsterdam locals around here could PM me their suggestions.

Comment

I was in Amsterdam with my ex-boyfriend, and we spend all of our time smoking weed while driving a tandem bicycle all around the city, visiting some museums and eating.
                        We were there for 4 days, it was raining quite all the time but it was amazing anyway!
                        Last edited by Framboise; October 6, 2016, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Garmisch-Partenkirchen is beautiful. They have winter sports and lots to see and do. It's a neat little village-looking city, and has cool painted on houses.

Comment

Originally posted by MissingMyDutchLove View Post
                            HAHAHA tell that to those of us freezing our butts off already!
                            Nowhere near American/Canadian cold though

Comment

I kinda forgot about this thread! haha I'll be visiting kteire in London and then heading to Belgium probably Antwerp/Ghent and Brugge for a few days. Thanks for the input everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X