Separated by her parents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Separated by her parents.

Hey. I'm in a bit of a rush. I've been with my online girlfriend for almost a year. We had an amazing relationship. Every day, and very often, we'd chat in a game we both loved most: Team Fortress 2. We had a funny start to becoming friends, and we talked so much after that. Meeting her was the best thing ever to happen to me. She eventually told me she liked me because of how much we had in common and how I treated her. Usually, at school, I'm a really cold and loner-type of person. With friends, family, and especially her, however, I love chatting. I felt the same way about her, too.

Now in a relationship, we'd talk about how nice it'd be just to hug, kiss, or anything couples do. I've never had a girlfriend before. She's had a few boyfriends, but those relationships weren't much and were really short(about two weeks was her longest). I'm currently 17, and she is 15, so it was fine that we were together. We had an amazing relationship, and we both love each other a lot. We have so much in common, and although it sounds weird coming from someone who has never had a previous girlfriend, I feel like I'll never find another girl like her.

Unfortunately, recently, her phone broke. She was gone for two days. As she was getting a new phone, her dad at one point was going through her old phone. He didn't know his daughter had a boyfriend, but thought it was sweet. Now, a few days later, he brings it up to her family. Her mother did not like that at all, so she demanded my girlfriend break up with me by tomorrow.

When did this happen? Just a couple hours ago.

My girlfriend didn't want to break up, but her mother would likely take all electronics. I tried to find some way through this, but there was not really anything we can do. Not even mail, because my girlfriend's mother would find out. So, the last option was to offer her some way to prove I'm not some old creep. I offered a video call or some interview of me, but she did not want to hear it. She was angry that we hid it from her for so long, and also worried.

So, before my girlfriend had to go, probably for good, I promised I'd find a way to fix things. I have some ways, but I'm not sure if it's really possible. I don't even know how long it'll take, or if she might move on eventually. I wouldn't blame her if she did, and I hold no hard feelings towards her mother(any mother would be worried). I just want help and the chance to stay with my girlfriend. We've done so much together, and we've been there for each other whenever something was wrong in our families. I know she'd think of something to keep contact, but if she can't, I'll never hear from her.

Sorry this seems sloppy. I'm just really, really down right now. My head hurts from all the sadness, and it all happened so fast. I never thought this could happen, and when it did, it happened in a matter of one hour. I think I'm mature enough to understand that I can't really blame her mother for anything, so I have some hope that maybe it'll all be fine in the end. I don't want it to end like this -- just being pulled apart and losing contact in just one night.

I'm not sure if this will work. This probably seems stupid, but I'm desperate.
    I'm Eriberto Mendoza, or as you've called me, Eri.
    Dezy, the time I've spent with you was the best time of my life. I'll never, ever forget you. I promise we'll talk again someday, and hope you'll find me on this paragraph, on this page, on this website. I still wish I could have been there for you in person, to give you the hugs you needed, to take you on dates nobody else has, to give you the happiness you've given me, and to maybe even hear those guitar solos you said you finally learned. I've never been into music, as you know, but you're so passionate about it, and it makes me hope you become amazing at the guitar. I'm probably exaggerating when I think of the chance we may never see each other again, but right now, I feel like the world is ending.

I hope we can meet again someday, Dezy. If you move on and find someone else, I won't blame you. As for me, I want to keep trying and hope we meet as soon as possible. I at least owe you for changing my life. I love you so much. Or, as we said it sometimes, "I fluff you". c;

When I was around your age, I was in a relationship with someone two years younger than me. I was a 17 year old loner-girl, at highschool, who found solace in video games and could never really fit in with all the "girly" cliques that existed in my class year, and it was through video games I met this guy, he was 15. On and off for 3 years we had this relationship between us, where we hid ourselves away from parents for fear of what they might say if we revealed to our parents we were dating someone 5,500 miles away from each other, especially at our ages. During that time, his parents (for lack of a better description) were verbally and physically abusive, and always used to take away his electronics, so sometimes I'd be lucky to hear from him on some days. My dad was always checking up on me too, and kept reading stories about people meeting others online, meeting up in real life, then ending up being murdered, or worse then murdered. Needless to say, he was super protective of me, so was my mum. But she was more open-minded, and one day, I tried to tell her about this guy I'd been dating, by then, over 2 years. She freaked. She told my dad. I lost all my electronics, and he swore that if I ever tried to contact this guy again, I'd be in serious shit. Likewise, his parents banned him from talking to me when they found out about my existence. During the first six months of our barred-from-speaking existence, we made secret emails and Facebook profiles so that we could still stay in touch. We continued our relationship in secret. I used to come on here for advice, constantly, because I did not know how else to cope with the truly-shitty hand I felt we'd been dealt. Looking back... it was silly. But at the time, it was a major part of my life.

5 years on, I look back in a mixture of feelings. Not because we broke up, and don't talk anymore. But because I never came clean sooner, and could not understand why this was happening. I failed to understand why everything happened the way it did, and I felt like I was being punished by everyone. It felt like the loneliest time in my life, and in some respects, it really was. I felt like I was being treated like a child who'd done something seriously wrong, but could never understand why. I'd wished I could have been there to see him through some really bad times, and the distance was a pain in the ass and an itch I couldn't scratch to be rid of it. I understand why all that happened now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, bottom line, I do understand you. I know where you're coming from, because I've been in a situation similar to yours. And it truly, totally sucks. It seems like life is being unfair to you, and you can't have a say in it. I understand that parents can be irritating at times, and I know you say you understand her mother's point of view (which is great) but it's true: at that sort of age, "secret" relationships are hard to explain and are often misinterpreted as the wrong thing. BUT. It's also, in a lot of ways, necessary for parents to react in that manner. I suppose one way of trying to understand it would be if you could see it from a parent's point of view, would you act in a similar way? Block the communication, take away electronics, all to protect your child from something potentially dangerous? Even if, in reality, it isn't?

Not much conciliation, I know. And I'm sorry this happened to you like this. In the long-term, however, you may have to come to terms with the way things are. I don't have much advice I can give, parents at the end of the day (good ones) will protect their children and try to shield them from potentially bad things, and there's not a whole lot (if anything) you can do to change things. But what I would like to finish off by saying is that if you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. And to you.

Comment

Well, I got to talk to her. I won't go into details, but she gave up on me in a matter of two days. I told her I was willing to do anything to make things work, but what her mother wanted was more important. So, she told me to grow up, move on, and leave her alone. I was willing to make as many sacrifices as necessary to get to be with her, but I just wasn't worth it in her eyes. She was angry at me, and that got me angry at her. I was angry, but I also never thought she'd let what we had go so easily, and that made me really sad. I'm probably in the wrong here, but I'm too angry to think as I'm writing this. We're done now, so this doesn't matter anymore. I know I said I wouldn't blame her if she moved on, but it only took two days. Two days to let go of the 10 happy months we've shared. Those months that meant everything to me.
      Last edited by Weseita; September 30, 2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weseita View Post
        Well, I got to talk to her. I won't go into details, but she gave up on me in a matter of two days. I told her I was willing to do anything to make things work, but what her mother wanted was more important. So, she told me to grow up, move on, and leave her alone. I was willing to make as many sacrifices as necessary to get to be with her, but I just wasn't worth it in her eyes. She was angry at me, and that got me angry at her. I was angry, but I also never thought she'd let what we had go so easily, and that made me really sad. I'm probably in the wrong here, but I'm too angry to think as I'm writing this. We're done now, so this doesn't matter anymore. I know I said I wouldn't blame her if she moved on, but it only took two days. Two days to let go of the 10 happy months we've shared. Those months that meant everything to me.
        Ah man. I would say at this point there's always two sides to a story, maybe there's more to it, and she's had no choice BUT to do this. Either way though.. I'm sorry, it sucks a lot to have to go through something like this. Especially given the circumstances. Take time now to look out for yourself, and focus on other things.

Comment

Working...
        X