Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Hi I'm new to LDR and need reassurance

Hi
    I am a 17 year old British boy from the city of Liverpool. Anyway, a couple of months before I left Liverpool, to move to a new part of the country, I hooked up with a french girl online as a language exchange partner. We both really wanted to improve our French/English, so we chatted most days. After about 7 months, it became apparent that she was something special. She was the female version of me. I always get the highest mark in my class, she always gets the highest mark in hers. We have similar interests, and she even likes my obscure music. We really clicked. However, we only just admitted this. We talk most nights, about anything. She has issues with her family, and I have felt really lonely since moving to Lancashire. We talk in french one night, and English the next, to be fair to one another. We are now both fluent in eachother's languages. I am scared of online relationships. My family has brought me up to think that these kind of things are strange, and I thought so too. Even the french girl ( I am wary to call her anything else) is wary of online relationships. We've never met for gods sake. But we both really feel something.
    Do you think This kind of relationship is normal for a boy my age (I am naturally very shy and have a small social circle, especially since living here)? If not, should u cut it off?

Originally posted by ssm2005 View Post
    Hi
    I am a 17 year old British boy from the city of Liverpool. Anyway, a couple of months before I left Liverpool, to move to a new part of the country, I hooked up with a french girl online as a language exchange partner. We both really wanted to improve our French/English, so we chatted most days. After about 7 months, it became apparent that she was something special. She was the female version of me. I always get the highest mark in my class, she always gets the highest mark in hers. We have similar interests, and she even likes my obscure music. We really clicked. However, we only just admitted this. We talk most nights, about anything. She has issues with her family, and I have felt really lonely since moving to Lancashire. We talk in french one night, and English the next, to be fair to one another. We are now both fluent in eachother's languages. I am scared of online relationships. My family has brought me up to think that these kind of things are strange, and I thought so too. Even the french girl ( I am wary to call her anything else) is wary of online relationships. We've never met for gods sake. But we both really feel something.
    Do you think This kind of relationship is normal for a boy my age (I am naturally very shy and have a small social circle, especially since living here)? If not, should u cut it off?
    Why on earth would you cut off what appears to be a wonderful friendship? It has the possibility to grow into more that that if you both choose....
    None of us here have the exact type of relationship. They grow and change as we do. My suggestion would be skyp or face to face time.. maybe tentative visit when you are of age. But please don't give up someone that tunes in to you so well. Keep communications and see where you go!

Comment

Relationships are different between every single couple. I get the point you're making, I've been with my SO for 1 and a 1/2 years, and we've never met. We'd only known each other a very short while before we dived in the deep end, just because we knew we were special to each other. Don't let misguided fear cloud your judgement: why not give things a try, and see how they work out?

Comment

Working...
      X