He became too busy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He became too busy

Me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship, for almost 2 years now. But so much has changed.

In the beginning when everything was new and shiny, he couldn't get enough of me. He wanted to talk to me all the time, apologised when he stood away for longer than 2 days, ..
    But now he's on college, and I have to wait ages just to get a small text conversation with him.
    It's not 2 days, not 1 week, usually I have to wait 2 weeks just for a small conversation.
    I know that college takes a lot of time, and I can understand it. I just start to doubt on myself.
    Am I too annoying? Am I a weight? Am I a priority?

It hurts so bad to wait all the time, i miss him so much. Just for a normal call it usually takes about 3-4, let alone a Skype call. I'm used to it and it became normal to me, yet it hurts so bad.

I've talked with friends about it, and all of them told me it's unhealthy and I should leave him, but I'm so unsure. I love him so much, I don't want to give up on us.

The reason I wrote this post is, I hope to get some advice from a neutral person, since I don't know what to do..

Thanks for reading
    Have a great day!

Hey welcome to LFAD! Reading this reminds me of my situation with my ex SO. I would wait weeks to hear from him even though he knew that hurts me. After a month of not talking to me he breaks up with me saying he just can't stand the distance anymore. We were also together for two years just like you guys are.

I'm getting the vibe that your SO probably doesn't wanna do distance anymore either and is too much of a coward to tell you. There is no excuse for not contacting the person you love for weeks. If he really wanted this to work he would make time for you like he did in the beginning. You may not think so now, but you deserve so much better than this. You need to tell him how unhappy this makes you, and if he's gonna keep doing this then you are gonna leave.

Comment

I have also learned the hard way that no matter how busy someone is, they will make time for the priorities in their life. I am very, very sorry to say that you are not a priority any longer. I know how much it hurts, and I wish I had a better answer for you, but that's the truth. Now it's what you do with that information. It isn't easy to let go of someone you love, especially if they used to treat you right and all of a sudden have not been. I was with my ex for three years, and when this started happening I kept thinking "he's busy" or "he's depressed" or whatever else I had to tell myself to be convinced that it wasn't me or us. I spent way, way too long thinking the old him was going to come back. I should have left as soon as I realized that I wasn't a priority anymore. Once they stop fighting for a relationship it's over. I am so sorry. I desperately hope that your situation is different than mine and that he shapes up in order to not lose you, but if he doesn't know that you can and will get through this and you deserve so much more.

Comment

I don't have time for people who don't have time for relationships. If I've invested 2 years with another person that I'm in a relationship with, I would think that it is reasonable to communicate daily. I'm not huge on text conversations. I prefer to talk to my partner before I go to bed at night. We talked early on about what each of us envisions for a relationship. If my partner never called, I would not be begging for text conversations. Period. This is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

No one is ever just "too busy" to send a quick text message once a day to say that they can't talk much because of the way things are. Excuses and BS is all it is. You deserve so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
            No one is ever just "too busy" to send a quick text message once a day to say that they can't talk much because of the way things are. Excuses and BS is all it is. You deserve so much better.
            Agreed x 10

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
              100% agree!
              I'm sorry but if your SO can't take 5 minutes in a day to say hi and see how you are doing, then they aren't trying hard enough. Or they don't want to try. That would not cut it with me. It's NOT hard or long to send a good morning or goodnight text. Just to show they are thinking about you. Effort is what relationships are about.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
              X