Book Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Suggestions?

My boyfriend and I are both military, and he recently PCS'ed overseas. I'm looking for good books about long distance relationships. Does anyone have any recommendations on books that are geared more towards dual military couples? I've tried google but it doesn't seem like such a thing exists, as most LDR books are geared towards civilian couples or civilians with a military SO.

If you don't know of a book that's suited for dual military, please feel free to write down any kind of LDR book you really enjoyed. All suggestions are much appreciated!

I have actually found a lot of great suggestions on Pintrest if you search for military couples. Give that a try
    Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
    ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
    closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Thank you sparkling72! Anything in particular you've found that you really liked? (Even if it's not book-related lol)

Comment

I just thought of something else, but it's an app, which might be difficult to use when either of you are deployed and not allowed to use cell phones or internet... but there's a "couple app" that is private for the 2 of you and only the two of you can see it. You can each upload pictures, letters, stories, etc. for when you can be online and he can't, then he can see everything you've been up to while he was out of contact (and vice versa). Because I know there are many times you will think "oh I have to show him this!" but can't b/c he's deployed, or you are. My SO is in the Navy and will be deployed sometime in Jan... we will probably use that app a lot!
        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

"The 5 Love Languages: Military Edition" or any of the 5 Love Language books! There's a series.

My boyfriend is in the Navy, and I'm a civilian. We plan to read this together once we become engaged! I've heard great things about it, especially when you read it together. It really opens your eyes to the different love languages, how people show love/need love differently, and how you can keep your partners "love tank" full despite all the challenges you deal with in a relationship!
          Last edited by c_denise3; November 3, 2016, 05:48 PM.
          [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
          Cherie & Jeffrey
          Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
          Engaged: 7/7/2017
          Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
          MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
          Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
          Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

I wouldn't bother getting the Military Edition to be honest. I have both the regular one and the Military Edition (from when I was with my former SO I joined this site for), and they're literally the same book, just with "Military Edition" slapped onto it.

But, I definitely do recommend the book, as long as you think you're both going to read it. I only read it, my ex did not because he thought it was stupid.

He was an Army Grunt (now Vet), so he thought anything sappy was completely stupid and pointless.

Comment

My boyfriend actually was the one who made the suggestion to read it together! He's an avid reader, and anything to keep us bonded and strengthen our relationship while we are apart is something we are both working hard on.
              [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
              Cherie & Jeffrey
              Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
              Engaged: 7/7/2017
              Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
              MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
              Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
              Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

Working...
              X