This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I deal with this?

I don't know how to feel about this situation I presently find myself in. My love and I have been together for a few months, we've met in person and the spark was just as amazing as it was over the internet when we first met. We've been up front and honest about everything. She has 3 kids with another woman (long story short - the woman cheated on her twice; twins the first time). They're remained good friends for the kids' sake. I've spoken to her children over the phone, we've Skyped as a family every now and then, and her twins constantly text me.

Today is their 12th Birthday, and we had planned for them to come over to my girlfriends house, who was going to cook for them, and bake them brownies - what the girls wanted to do, and they would open their birthday gifts that I sent them over the weekend. Their mother has decided she wants to overhaul the entire plan and take them to an arcade, and my girlfriend will be accompanying them.

I know that I shouldn't be worried but a part of me is jealous. I feel like the whole "family" getting together to go do something while the long distance girlfriend is 2,000 miles away fumbling with her feelings, trying not to lash out and be inconsiderate.

Am I overreacting? How would you feel if you were in my position?

IMHO, be glad that they still get along and can do things together. Once my ex got into a relationship with his now wife, we went from being able to do things together to having to sit in different sections for graduations, etc because she couldn't handle it. The kids are the priority and it's too bad when the person coming into the situation tries to (or succeeds) in disrupting what was working as successful co-parenting.

It's the kids birthday. I'm sure they will have fun at the arcade. There is time to do the brownies later and have a second birthday party. This isn't about you - it's about the kids having fun on their birthday. As the kids get older, they will voice more what they want to do if they don't like a change in plans.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Never said this was about me and I'm not trying to disrupt anything - hence WHY I'm trying to find HOW to deal with it instead of telling my girlfriend that she has to STOP talking to her children's mother. I'm not that type of person and never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaLovex710 View Post
        Never said this was about me and I'm not trying to disrupt anything - hence WHY I'm trying to find HOW to deal with it instead of telling my girlfriend that she has to STOP talking to her children's mother. I'm not that type of person and never will be.
        That's why you are offered a perspective to deal with it rather than accused of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaLovex710 View Post
          Ok - I'll bullet point it

*Be happy they get along
          *Have a second party for the kids after to make brownies and open presents
          *Be supportive of their successful co-parenting
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
          X