Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could some woman please talk to me in private?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Could some woman please talk to me in private?

Hello!
    I am just a new user here and I'm needing some help from some confident, lovely and patient woman with LDR experience.
    I don't want to expose myself and I don't want another woman exposing herself to explain me some things.
    I need another woman who's really making her LDR work out

Ps: I am very ashamed about myself, I've been feeling very sad lately and extremely confused about all this.
    I am a very realistic, logical and rational person and all that has been so crazy and it's messing all my head and feelings up.
    Thank you very much for helping me and have a blessed night.

Hi,

everything you feel is very natural and very common. Most of us experience sadness and confusion over the distance and about the future we can have with our loved ones. When I first joined I felt very strange about everything, especially since we had not yet had our first visit (apart from my holiday where we met). I understand feeling exposed because love is strange in itself, but really we are all friends here. You can use the research field to see if anyone else have asked for the same things that you think about. You can also use the subforums/categories to find out stuff. There are parts of the forum you will not yet have acess to, but you will in time.

Distance has its own logic. Once you understand it, you can yield to fit it more. I will definetely reccomend to have a visit, if possible, and to explore different means of contact. Some may fit you better than others, depending on personality, scedule etc. and it might also change in time. In the tec section there are many discussions about phone apps and other methods. There are also many discussions about money (how to save up, how to get the best bargin on plane tickets etc).

What is most discussed, however, are the mental sides of a long distance relationship. I have personally been through most things the last couple of years. I have had times where I cried /got numb /got angry of the distance a lot. I have had periods where I compare myself to others in long distance relationships a lot (among my friends, one long distance couple just married and another had a baby. They have all dated less than SO and I. I have to admit that I dont feel great about that. On the other hand, I know people who dated 6 years or more before they could seriously start closing the distance. We are all in different situations). I have had periods where life feels great and I was seeing SO a lot or/and felt great about handling the distance. I have felt like people supported us and that they were against us, and everything in between. I have had periodes of weirds ideas, almost anxiety attacks, where I had fantasies of my SO dying and myself being in an other country. Trust me, you have probably nothings to be ashamed of. Love is messy and that is part of its charm. It changes things and change is unsettling.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I would be very happy to talk to you in private, I am new to the site and not sure how to get thru privately. I am older, myrelationship is working, I was a psychiatric nurse, maybe I can help.

Comment

Working...
      X