Just bought a ring and have a plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a ring and have a plan

We're planning a trip in late February, early March. I want to go to the Grand Canyon. She thinks it's a little bit out of her means, so I plan to suggest that I treat her to the trip. I will be trying to get her on board to letting me book the reservations. They need to be booked soon.

Pics of ring. I went for an antique art deco diamond ring because it's nontraditional and unique. There's no tricky or slick way to get her ring size because she doesn't usually wear jewelry. I can only guestimate on the size and then later have it resized.

So I gotta get the ball rolling on our Grand Canyon trip.

Lovely ring Hope your plan goes well.

Comment

Eeeee! That's wonderful and the ring is gorgeous!
      I can't wait to hear/read all about it!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

The ring is beautiful! Sounds like a wonderful plan!
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thanks ya'll. I hope she likes the ring and says yes

Dropped in to update: Got the plane tickets and am planning trip now. She accepted my invitation to the Grand Canyon trip.

Comment

Yay, congrats!! The ring is beautiful, by the way

Comment

Yay! I'm so excited for you, and I love how unique the ring is!

Comment

That's so exciting! Sounds like a great plan and the ring is lovely

Comment

Lovely ring and very excited for you!

Comment

Soooo exciting!!!!

Comment

The room is booked. We're staying at a lodge at the Grand Canyon. The ring is in. I got her ring size by using thread on her finger. I need to get the ring sized and then try to keep my mouth shut until the trip. That will prove to be challenging.

How I got her ring size: we have this basket of different kisses, rubs/massages, hugs, and touches. I asked her if she wanted to pull one of the choices out of the basket, and she said she would prefer for me to pull one of the choices out. I pulled out a paper that suggested (instructed) that we massage each other's arms and hands using different massage techniques, and instructs the person getting the massage to lay down with their eyes closed, and their palms up. I was pretty happy about pulling this piece of paper because I saw the opportunity to get her ring size with dental floss while she had her eyes closed. She did feel the string and asked what I was doing, but I instructed her that the paper said to keep her eyes closed. I did the rest of the massage.

My guess is that months from now she won't remember any string at all.

Comment

the ring is very pretty!! I love the GC! keep us posted to her answer!!
                        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
                        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
                        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Yet another update. Went ahead and booked a rental car, a room in Phoenix, and changed the lodge at the Grand Canyon to a room with a view of the Grand Canyon. So I upgraded the room and we'll be able to see the canyon from the room. I'm looking forward to it.

Our itinerary is as follows: fly into Phoenix, get car, go to Grand Canyon lodge, see the Grand Canyon & stay 2 nights, go to Phoenix, check out Phoenix, and fly home.

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
                            Yet another update. Went ahead and booked a rental car, a room in Phoenix, and changed the lodge at the Grand Canyon to a room with a view of the Grand Canyon. So I upgraded the room and we'll be able to see the canyon from the room. I'm looking forward to it.

Our itinerary is as follows: fly into Phoenix, get car, go to Grand Canyon lodge, see the Grand Canyon & stay 2 nights, go to Phoenix, check out Phoenix, and fly home.
                            Any idea of how and when during the trip you'll pop the question?

Comment

Ahh! That ring is absolutely gorgeous!
                              Sending good vibes and luck with your plans! <3

Comment

Working...
                              X