Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Story of Us So Far

11/12/16
    So I have a problem. Now, to make it easier to understand I'm going to give you a little background info.

I have always been a ladies man. I have always loved the attention, and (supposedly) it came easy because my eyes. Honestly, once I turned 9 I could hardly go a month without having a crush on two different girls. But before you judge me too harshly for that, let me tell you some more. About three years ago (I'm 15 right now so when I was 12), my family went to a party at my church for Thanksgiving or Christmas. We ended up staying late, until there were only two or three other families still there. And I spent the entire time talking to this one girl (let's call her Rachelle). Her and I knew each other already, as I had met her when I first moved there about three years earlier, but we had always been more "acquaintances" than "friends." I don't remember what we talked about, I just remember she wore a red dress and the brownies that were being served tasted amazing. But looking back on it, I later realized that after that night I had a distinct lack of crushes compared to my 20 or so per a year.

So there it is. But your probably asking "So whats the problem?" I'm getting to that, so just bear with me.

A few weeks ago, I finally figured out why I suddenly stopped having so many crushes: I had fallen for Rachelle hard. But (of course) the timing of this realization was perfect and yet horrible. Our church discourages dating of any kind until you turn 16. Note that many people interpret this as 'forbids dating until you turn 16.' So the timing of my newly realized, and I say this lightly because we have NOT dated yet, love was great because it meant that I didn't have to wait three years to say anything. But I'm moving. In five weeks. We turn 16 next year. You starting to see my situation? So, after much thought and planning, I decided to propose a long-distance relationship. The way I see it, it's perfect. She (or I guess we because I haven't moved yet) lives in Central California. I'm moving to Arizona. I already made arrangements with my parents so that after I turn 16 I can fly down here to CA for a couple weeks of the year to visit my grandmother, and then stay a few nights at my neighbor's house, which is just a few minute's from Rachelle's house. And after I turn 18, I'm free to go anywhere so I can move back to California to be with her. Awesome right? So, yesterday, after my piano lesson (her mom gives me the lessons) I asked if I could talk to her. I went upstairs and basically said "How do you feel about long-distance relationships?" I had some hope because she didn't say no and instead had me give her my number and said she would think about it and let me know, but last night, that hope kind of got blasted with a shotgun. I don't have an actual phone (thanks a lot mom and dad) but I do have a tablet that we put a texting app on, and I made my own account on it so, you know, it's kind of more for just me. So the number that they provided me on that app is the one I gave her (it works with normal texting apps like Messenger or whatever). Or so I thought. Last night I looked on the app to see if she had said anything and I realized that somehow, my number was reset. I didn't have a number. I do now, but I'm worried it might be too late. I'm worried that, when and if she texts, she's gonna be put off by the fact that I didn't respond. And while tomorrow at church I can clear things up, I'm still paranoid that the effect would still last, basically destroying any chance I had.

So that's the story so far, any advice? I'll try to update this as often as I can to let you all know what happens. Thanks!

You are stressing out over 1 day. Calm down. Talk to her at church. You sound like my 11 year old when his "girlfriend" hastnt ext d him in a week... I have to explain dating as a middle schooler in another post..,
    I don't know if it's a good idea to not at this age to tie yourself down to someone you don't know or have even dated. Take your time and learn how to be friends first...

Comment

Working...
    X