Planning a European tour for January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning a European tour for January 2017

Hey guys, was just wondering if I could get help/advice how to do this for the lowest price possible

Ok me and my girlfriend were talking the other day and she was saying that she really wants to do some traveling in the new year so we've come up with the idea of doing kind of a mini European tour on my next week off from work for my birthday week. Currently the plan is to start in Paris for a couple of days and then from there possibly go over to Germany for a couple of days as well and if we can, possibly go elsewhere.

So I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice/tips on cheap hotels, travel plans etc if that's ok? and anywhere you could recommend that we go to?

Look forward to hearing from you all
    As one door closes another always opens and now I look to the future with a new outlook and perspective on life, it's an open book and I'm ready for the next chapter

It you dont mind private accomodation, Airbnb might be an option.
    Last edited by differentcountries; November 20, 2016, 01:46 PM.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Ahhhh that's not a bad idea, thanks differentcountries
      As one door closes another always opens and now I look to the future with a new outlook and perspective on life, it's an open book and I'm ready for the next chapter

Comment

If you are planning to travel by train, it is a good idea to plan ahead. The German Rail (Deutsche Bahn) offers discounts for additional travelers and booking early. This way, two people traveling together can get single trip tickets all across Germany for just 24€ per person.

Comment

Yeah Airbnb is pretty awesome, but hostels are a lot cheaper in some cities.
          Website for lots of train info: https://www.interrail.eu/
          Website for a cool bus organisation: https://www.flixbus.com/
          It's definitely good to plan ahead for a bit so you can make use of early bird discounts. However, it's also very doable to just hop around spontaneously, especially if you go out of tourist season.

Comment

If you are traveling via train or bus from country to country you should aim to spend the night in the transportaitoin. Not the most comfortable but it's cheap. Also couch surfing, airbnb and shared hostels are cheaper options.

Comment

Working...
            X