X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you wish you'd known? Starting a LDR

What do you wish you'd known?
    He'll be in the UK, I'm in Australia.
    My amazing bf of 4 months is going on exchange for 6 months. We want to try LD, but feeling worried and unsure how to make it work.
    What advice would you want to know starting out? What's been the most useful? Anything, big or small, all advice is appreciated. Thank you

How important it is to stay in touch online. I feel very comfortable not seeing my SO (we just had 4 months between visits), but if I dont know where he is or does not answer me in what I think is a reasonable ammount of time, I go into panic mode. It is important to keep in touch over several media, when his phone broke down a couple of times we were able to stay in touch over Facebook that he could use on the computer.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

How important a feasible and at least estimated end date is. LDRs are undeniably tough, but imo even tougher when even meeting is in the murky category of "someday." Best of luck in whatever you decide!
      sigpic

Comment

How important it is to schedule in date nights and make it clear when you can and can't talk with your SO. It's been like a year and a half since we meet and although i was previously in a LDR every relationship is different and requires different things and it took both my SO and I some time to get used to arranging date nights an sticking to them.
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment