Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamonds Are A Sham And It's Time We Stop Getting Engaged With Them

Link to article: https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...-a-sham-2013-3

This is part of the reason that I went with an antique art deco ring. I didn't want some chain store diamond or cookie cutter ring.

Link for those folks who couldn't read the article: https://pastebin.com/RcrRjUGc
    Last edited by hmrambling; December 5, 2016, 02:45 PM.

I can't read the article as I have an adblocker running and it won't let me but.....I have major problems with the ethics of diamonds and a lot of mined gemstones. When we first discussed marriage one of the things my SO said was however we do it I won't buy you a diamond. It was funny that we'd never spoken about diamonds directly before but I knew he had similar thoughts about international trade and working conditions as I do and so when he said that it kind of added to the 'rightness' about him

Comment

I am partial to the lab-created diamonds myself. Can't open the article either... but I'd rather have the lab-created diamond, then the one mined under harsh conditions and restricted by sellers.
      Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
      ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
      closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

My SO and I both don't like fancy rings and spending ridiculous money on things like that so when we discussed engagement and marriage we both said we'll probably just stick to something really plain. The promise rings we have just now are as fancy as we'll go probably and honestly if i have it my way we'll just get rings like these again but possibly inscribed when we do get engaged. Diamonds may be pretty but they're definitely not worth it to us
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I love diamonds but we are using my grandmothers ring from the 1920's. Only cost was resizing and it has sentimental value and was from a happy marriage

Comment

Working...
          X