Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friends who are guys and don't take the hint (that I have an LD bf)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends who are guys and don't take the hint (that I have an LD bf)

Hi y'all,
    I need some help. So I've been in a LDR for three years, very happy with my boyfriend and planning to move next fall to live closer to him. Right now, I work at a restaurant, and I get along with mostly everyone there, but as of late I've been having trouble with a cook in the kitchen. We used to get along just , but recently he's started to cross a line I am really not comfortable with. He makes inappropriate remarks and it seems like he's flirting with me even when he knows I have a long distance relationship I am happy in (and he does too!!). Really pisses me off. So I've been salty af and don't respond to his inappropriate remarks when he talks to me so he'll take the hint, but I don't want this to ruin the professional atmosphere in the restaurant.
    Tips on politicking my way out of this situation? Ugh.
    Thanks for your help <3
    -Kahla

You are going to have to talk to him about it in a mature way. Tell him you are not comfortable with they way he is behaving towards you. If it doesn't stop you may have to go higher up.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Agree with Mims. I've had this happen and you have to be really firm and unafraid to talk to your manager. It's unacceptable workplace behavior even if both of you weren't in relationships, so don't be afraid to speak up.
      sigpic

Comment

He may think he is not out of line... be blunt if you need too. Don't ever be afraid to tell someone that they are stepping over your line. Be nice, but firm....also please make sure you aren't out flirting with others. That sends mixed signals.

Comment

Working...
        X