Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting love story... I tell you mine, tell me yours :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Interesting love story... I tell you mine, tell me yours :)

Sooo... here I am. Great forum btw.

I'd love to read your love story! But I'll tell you mine first.
    I'm 46 and my SO is 46 as well. I'm Originally from Uruguay, my mother was from USA, my dad from Argentina and my grandad from UK. So, I'm a real mix. We moved to Mexico when I was 8 due to my dad's job. When I was in Secondary school, out of the blue, I became one of the popular girls (this happened when I was around 11 to 14 years old) and, in my classroom there was a boy who was bullied nearly by all the other male students, because he was too small, very skinny, not attractive and he had the looks of a primary school boy.... But he was quite fun. Then, after sharing three years in the same classroom, the school term finished and all the students moved on to High school, we stopped seeing each other all together. Anyway, moving forward in time, I moved to UK when I turned 27. I got married to an English man at 29 and sadly we got divorced 7 years later. Two years after the divorce, I started dating a Danish man, but at the start of this year (2016), suddenly, through Facebook, a female friend decided to create a group to reunite the Secondary school group where I studied in Mexico. I accepted the invitation and joined them, but, because I was living so far away, I could only join them via Skype when they got the first reunion. Then, there, is when I spotted the little boy who used to be bullied... he had changed a lot; he was completely different, in a very positive way. We started chatting, via Skype of course, and we exchanged whatsapp, emails etc... This was in January this year. In the same January, my relationship with the Danish man (after many years) was crumbling, actually it was never good, but I always thought that there was room for improvement, but it never happened. One day, the facebook group decided to ask a question -as a game, for fun-, the question was: if you had the chance to marry anybody of the group, who could you have chosen? That was the opportunity to say it. Well, the "little boy" , let's call him Jay, said that it could have been me, so I replied that it could have been him too. We got really surprised! After that day we started chatting about anything and everything, then, the daily calls started, (he is divorced), and slowly-slowly we fell in love, actually very much. I broke up with my Danish man, then I decided to travel to finally seeing him in person ... My... Oh my....! We fell in love even more, a lot, a lot more!! So now, he is travelling to Europe to visit me in February; I already know that he is going to propose, - and of course, I'm going to say YES-, ...we have already talked about getting married at the end of next year! And I'll have to move back to Mexico after living in UK 20 years...What I've found incredible, is that we are 100% compatible, and when I think back, when I was a little girl, I could have never guessed that I was going to finally find love at 46, 32 years later, after meeting a boy who was bullied by everyone at the school, but now, by life chances, we love each other so, so much, I feel really lucky.

What's your story?
    Last edited by Valenrib; December 20, 2016, 07:02 PM.

Welcome to the boards! It's great how all of our stories are unique and we've all ended up with our SO's.

We have a section that is dedicated to how everyone met. Enjoy the stories!

https://members.lovingfromadistance....32-LDR-Stories
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

That's a great story; I love those.

As for me, i ended a local long-term relationship in September 16; it has almost been six years but it wasn't working for me; He could not give me everything I needed, though he was very surportive of me in a lot of ways.
      I then began to fall for a guy who I'd known online for twelve years from the States. It really wasn't working out though because we were only voice chatting once a week, and though I was trying, he broke up with me in November of last year.

I had been planning another trip to the States in June of 17, so in the meantime, this other guy from CA, and I, (we've known each other online for 19 years), began to plan just a casual meet up in the states as we'd known each other so long. Anyway, the other one and I had our final falling out on New Year's day as he told me he really can't do an LDR. So of course, I was all upset. in the meantime, Chris and I just happened to start talking heaps more, at first just on imeessage and Whatsapp, then on the phone a bit.
      I developped feelings for him gradually but I wanted to make sure I wasn't rebounding, which, I figured I wasn't, so I told him. He also thought a lot of me too but due to some issues he'd experienced, didn't know whether he could commit to me. But, it seems by a couple of days later, he changed his mind, and we've been talking everyday, multiple times a day ever since.
      We are just so amazing, and we both know God brought us together. He'd been married before and I'd been hurt in the past, and now, we are so very strong and couldn't be happier together. I am counting down the days til I meet him on 17 June where I will be staying with him for three weeks, including in a squite where we'll be attending a conference together.
      We have decided that we are going to meet up three to four times a year instead of trying to make do with twice a year before we decide to close the distance.

We spoke a bit over the years but we never ever thought we'd end up together; It's so amazing and funny how life turns out.
      Thank you God!
      Chris is the sweetest man ever and despite the distance, we've never been so happy.
      Met Online: 1998
      Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
      SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Hello and welcome!!
        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

I love hearing other stories of success it gives me real hope. I am new here and have been browsing the site a bit. I have noticed a lot of people who have only had short relationships before hitting trouble. I have been with me SO for 2 years and by standards of my usual relationships I still consider it a young relationship. We are however engaged and I do truly love him. It is hard I won't deny it. We talk every day several times a day, have met each others families and although we have only met up 3 times I know he is the one.

We are both members of a sci-fi community and have both been going there well over a decade. However the time difference and the age gap meant that we were never really in much contact. He is 7 years younger so when I joined he was a teenager and I would have not paid him any attention.

Anyway, two years ago I had an accident and was off work for a few months. I wasn't able to get out so was online at all hours and so one night at 3am we crossed paths. At first we only talked a little but eventually moved to private messages. He was burned by his last relationship and was n sure but he was the one who initiated the actual start of the relationship.

I love him and he loves me. I find it much harder than him. I am used to relationships where you spend a lot of time together and do things together but this is different. He is a loner and ok with it and there is no urgency to move. He doesn't earn a lot and makes little effort to try and find a full time job to earn more. Emotionally he is always there. He has stuck with me through the death of my mother and depression and illness but practically he is pretty useless. So the financial burden falls to me and I am struggling to save the moey we need. His mom has dreams of a wedding in an expensive location but I don't have the money for it. Not to mention the cost of flights for my family etc.

I know it will be worth it eventually but the longer it goes the harder I find it to cope. Sometime you just need a hug to get through the day and no matter how many cuddly toys he sends me they don't compare with the real thing.

I am hopelessly in love with him though. My friends like him even my mother liked him and she never liked my partners. He is my one and we are going to make it work no matter how hard and hopeless it sometime feels.

Comment

Welcome! And congratulations on your long relationship so far.
            Met Online: 1998
            Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
            SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Working...
            X