Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the guys: what do you do to make her feel special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the guys: what do you do to make her feel special?

I see in the past there have been more of this kinds of questions... but that's about 3 years ago.

So, what do you guys do to make your lady feel special? Who of you's serenading her? Writing poems? Anything like that? I do. Every week or even more then that I find myself a nice lovesong and record it while I sing it, then I send it to her via Skype. I send her a nice lovepoem regularly. And sometimes when making dinner, I send her photo's of me preparing it.

Due to the time difference (7 hours) we can't cam while I prepare, because she'll be asleep then.

Just curious, who else is a s crazy as I am?

Or, as I learned recently because there are more ladies here: what does your SO do for you?
    Last edited by erwin1973; January 17, 2017, 01:58 AM. Reason: I learned there's only a few men around here
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

I get serenaded all the time by my husband! He will sing silly little songs like "I only think about this beer, I only think about your rear", "Martini Martyna, the only fartina" and the all time classic "Everything Martyna does pisses me off, pisses me off, pisses me off."

But in all honesty, I think it's great you spend so much time to make your woman feel special! It's endearing

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
      I get serenaded all the time by my husband! He will sing silly little songs like "I only think about this beer, I only think about your rear", "Martini Martyna, the only fartina" and the all time classic "Everything Martyna does pisses me off, pisses me off, pisses me off."

But in all honesty, I think it's great you spend so much time to make your woman feel special! It's endearing
      Then you're a lucky lady.

Tnx, I do my best. As time has passed since my first thread here, our love only got deeper and deeper. And yes, I am that romantic fool, and yes, I want her to feel special.

Comment

I don't think you'll get many guys answering you, we tend to have a shortage of them here.

As for your question, I'm incredibly relieved my guy doesn't serenade me - his voice is awful!
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
          I don't think you'll get many guys answering you, we tend to have a shortage of them here.

As for your question, I'm incredibly relieved my guy doesn't serenade me - his voice is awful!
          But there's other things he can do.
          At this moment I am preparing a birthdaygift for my SO that probably none of you has ever had... I'm composing her a symphony!

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
            But there's other things he can do.
            At this moment I am preparing a birthdaygift for my SO that probably none of you has ever had... I'm composing her a symphony!
            That's pretty awesome, not a bad idea. Honestly, me and my guy aren't the really romantic type, he's a stereotypical Finn and I'm just weird that way. It works for us though.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Obviously i'm not a guy but i do have a lucky lady to make feel special :P
              Every month I write her a letter and include a miniature little card with a silly joke on the front like 'you have a pizza my heart', or something else funny or cute that will make her smile. I send her cute pictures and tell her i love her as often as i can. I do all sorts and it seems to keep her happy and make her feel special. And for nights like tonight when she's really sad and needs someone to talk to, well i'm away right now to play some video games with her to cheer her up! :3
              my girls <3

Josie (SO)
              Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
              Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
              Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
              Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
              Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
              Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
              Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
              All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                That's pretty awesome, not a bad idea. Honestly, me and my guy aren't the really romantic type, he's a stereotypical Finn and I'm just weird that way. It works for us though.
                The most important thing is that is works for both of you, I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by kittyxuchiha11 View Post
                  Obviously i'm not a guy but i do have a lucky lady to make feel special :P
                  Every month I write her a letter and include a miniature little card with a silly joke on the front like 'you have a pizza my heart', or something else funny or cute that will make her smile. I send her cute pictures and tell her i love her as often as i can. I do all sorts and it seems to keep her happy and make her feel special. And for nights like tonight when she's really sad and needs someone to talk to, well i'm away right now to play some video games with her to cheer her up! :3
                  Wow. That's nice. Sounds like you really found each other, then...

Comment

Fortunately I have an SO who already feels special without me having to make her. I'm not in the business of making anyone feel anything, nor can anyone make me feel a particular feeling.

Having established that my SO's emotional state is not dependent on me and that she is not a puppet, there are some things I do when I'm thinking about her. Sometimes I'll text her and let her know I'm thinking about her. I'll write her a note and drop it in the mail. I like the idea of happies. A happy is when I send her something that she isn't expecting... one time I sent her an astronomy magazine subscription without giving her a heads up. She knew it was from me when she got it because she told me that she liked astronomy. I suppose that subscription has run out by now.

Sometimes I'll leave little messages or drawings on the Couple app. We hardly use it and it falls by the wayside so when either of us thinks about it, it's a surprise to find a new post there.

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
                      Fortunately I have an SO who already feels special without me having to make her. I'm not in the business of making anyone feel anything, nor can anyone make me feel a particular feeling.

Having established that my SO's emotional state is not dependent on me and that she is not a puppet, there are some things I do when I'm thinking about her. Sometimes I'll text her and let her know I'm thinking about her. I'll write her a note and drop it in the mail. I like the idea of happies. A happy is when I send her something that she isn't expecting... one time I sent her an astronomy magazine subscription without giving her a heads up. She knew it was from me when she got it because she told me that she liked astronomy. I suppose that subscription has run out by now.

Sometimes I'll leave little messages or drawings on the Couple app. We hardly use it and it falls by the wayside so when either of us thinks about it, it's a surprise to find a new post there.
                      Awsome. Of course it's the idea that she feels special - and you too. I was just wondering what others do to keep their SO happy. And I got quite a few ideas myself, now. And nice to see there are so many things one can do to keep each other feel special.

Comment

Aha, nice to meet another musician here.

During our calls, I usually play the piano for her and sing. There are a lot of songs that we both like so that makes it easy to make her happy.

Even though I'm singing for her, I wouldn't call it serenading though. If I get some inspiration, maybe I'll compose something for her.. (not a symphony though)

Comment

Originally posted by Lio View Post
                          Aha, nice to meet another musician here.

During our calls, I usually play the piano for her and sing. There are a lot of songs that we both like so that makes it easy to make her happy.

Even though I'm singing for her, I wouldn't call it serenading though. If I get some inspiration, maybe I'll compose something for her.. (not a symphony though)
                          Wow, that is very nice, too. I am happy I am not the only one 'crazy' enough (for my SO) to do that kind of stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by kittyxuchiha11 View Post
                            Every month I write her a letter and include a miniature little card with a silly joke on the front like 'you have a pizza my heart', or something else funny or cute that will make her smile.
                            I would love it if my OH did this! Can't see it happening though as he isnt really the letter writing type. I have one hand written letter that he sent me for my birthday. But basically he makes me feel special by the things he does and says. Honestly, makes me feel like a million dollars every day with all of his sweet remarks. He makes out that he isn't romantic, but really he is

Comment

I really love to write her a hand-written letter. Although it is sometimes very difficult, because we (still) chat 5 hours a DAY.
                              And then I don't only have my AH, she also has a daughter. And because I want to be the (step)father of her, I want her to know me, too (she can read but does not speak or understand English), I also write her things, mostly about myself, things that happened to me, anecdotes about things I experienced.
                              I am currently working on letter #4. #3 is on its way and sceduled to arrive around Valentine's Day. She'l get a bouquet of flowers, too, then.

Comment

Working...
                              X