What kind of wedding did you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of wedding did you have?

As me and my SO live in different countries most of our earnings are spent on seeing each other. We have talked about getting married one day and would like to do so in the US. However I know that the chances of affording a wedding and ceremony with all our friends/family are slim as like I said most money is spent on seeing each other and until we live together I don't think this would be possible.

So I was just wondering those of you who have closed the distance or those who have thought about marriage, how did you get married? Did you just have a simple ceremony just the two of you to make it official and then have a a bigger ceremony later down the line when you are settled and living together?

My SO and I got married two months ago. We had a small, outdoor ceremony that only my oldest daughter attended. Once we close the distance and get settledin his home state, we'll have a BBQ for the family (it's in TX, of course a BBQ lol) and we may have a small gathering here before the move. Granted, this wasn't the first marriage for either of us, so we just wanted it as simple as possible.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

My s/o and I are getting married in June. We're having a small ceremony to take care of the legal aspect first, and then once he's out of the military, we plan on throwing a larger celebration. Our small ceremony still has friends and family, but only those who we felt lived close enough that it would be practical. Once we have a big ceremony, we'll be inviting everyone.

Comment

We had a decent size wedding with about 50 people, mostly my husband's family and friends. My family was on Skype with us the whole time, watching the ceremony and all the important things with us
        All in all, I'm happy with what we had. It wasn't huge, it wasn't too small and we only spent about $1000 total (excl. the dress my parents bought me) for everything alltogether, so I guess that's okay :P
        I do plan to have a celebration with my family if either they come visit us or we come fly over there, but it's going to be small, probably just going out to eat and get drunk for a week like it is tradition in Poland lol

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

First one was a Polish Catholic high Mass ceremony...250 guest, formal sit down dinner etc.. it was fun, but stressful. Don't remember too much as I was tired and done with it.
          Second... married by jp in the back of a train. Just 1 sister and parents and grandmother. Lots less stress, had pictures and a nice formal dress

Comment

We got married six months ago. We had a destination wedding. Married on the beach at Tybee Island than a riverboat reception in Savannah. About 25 people attended, including our family and friends from NY. It was over the Fourth of July weekend so it was a great time. Three days of partying, and everyone said it was the best wedding they've been to. This was a second wedding for both of us. We each did the big formal wedding the first times, huge affair with over 150 guests. The second wedding was SO much better!
            sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Our wedding was pretty small. We got married at city hall in PA, with 20 or so of our family and friends. Then we had a nice reception dinner with everyone later in the evening. All in all it was pretty chill and fun. Exactly what both of us wanted. We left that night for our honeymoon, in the Dominican!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
              X