This is so hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so hard

Hi guys, me and my husband have been together for 4 years, but we have known each other since we were little. He lives in Jamaica and I live in England. We recently got married at the beggining of this month whilst I was on holiday to see him. Now that I am back home and he is still so far away I feel so down and upset all the time and miss him so much. Everytime I go to see him and have to come back home I experience the same feeling but this time its even harder and I am really struggling to the point where its stressing me out. We are planning to close the distance as we are applying for his UK visa very soon, we are just gathering the money together first and I am feeling a variety of emotions right now from excitement because we will hopefully see each other very soon to sadness because I miss him soooo much! Guys is there any advice you could give us both right now as we are finding this time around so hard. thank you in advance

Hi Beauty101,

I have experienced the same, with my first LDR. We met in 2002 and got married in 2004. After the wedding in Ukraine (her country) she followed me for a 3 month visit to The Netherlands. Then I brought her back there and stayed for another 2 weeks.

After that I had to go home and we started the visa procedure. That whole procedure took 8 months. We did meet only once in that period.

How I carried on? Well, in 2004 I did not have Skype and my (now ex-)wife didn't even have a computer. We called every day, and we had to carry on. Finally, after 8 months, it was time to close the distance. These 8 months have been the hardest in my life.

There is only one advice I can give you: keep in mind what the goal is, and live your normal life as you are used to. That is the most less difficult, though it will be hard.

Be strong, you can do it!
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
    X