Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norway to Uk

Hi,

Myself and my long term, long distance partner are trying to close the distance this year. The plan is for her to move to me (from norway to uk) our heads are spinning at all the information online about this subject and so much of it seems contradictory, so we are hoping to find someone else that has done similar so we can ask what the best option is.

Some more information about us and the situation:

1) She is divorced, i am separated but starting divorce procedures later this year (waiting until the two years living apart rule)
    2) I do work and am a full UK resident
    3) She does want to work in the UK when she is living here
    4) We have no plans to marry, and wont do it just to make this an easier process
    5) She doesn't want to become a UK citizen, she wants to retain her Norwegian citizenship
    6) She is dual nationality - living in Norway but Romanian by birth
    7) I live in a rented property at the moment, but the plan would be to get a mortgage and buy after she had been here for about 6 months

I hope someone can help us with what steps we need to take to make this happen as we have been together for nearly three years now and flying back and forth as often as we can is just not enough anymore and we really want to close the gap.
Working...
X