I know it's only January, but.. Easter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's only January, but.. Easter.

I like to be super organised for holiday packages & stuff.. Like 2 or 3 months in advance kind of organised. Because there's the planning, the ordering, waiting for delivery, then assembling & crafting etc etc. It's 3am here in South Australia & I'm still awake because Easter.

My SO & I have agreed that the weather here (he is on the other side of Australia) at Easter time is too hot for chocolate to be sent without melting.

Regardless, I'd like to send a box care-package style, with lots of little Easter themed bits & bobs. But what to send with chocolate off the list? I'm a knitter, so I guess maybe I could knit a rabbit.. :/

Any ideas?

Hmmm planning early is always better Were you looking for non candy totally?? I love peeps!!

I read about an adult type easter egg hunt.. so maybe take a spin off that. Get some plastic eggs and put some different type of surprises to open. they suggested maybe the little airplane size alcohol( not sure if you can mail that where you are) and other adult type goodies. Don't want to post them here, but can send you an pm
    Last edited by sasad; January 24, 2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

If you don't mind sort of childish suggestions i have some!

How about something as simple as you draw/buy some nice little pictures for both you and your SO to colour in and design. It would make a great unique little date night to colour in and design some Easter eggs and just have a nice chat while you're doing it, you could even have a competition for who can make the most ridiculous picture like having blue and green chicks and purple Easter bunny's.

SO and I don't really do anything for Easter, but last year i made sure that she got a little Easter card at least and then i made her a cute little Easter box with chicks and bunny's and just generally Eastery stuff on each side and out a tiny lil chick you get in pack of 20 in it with some mini creme and dairy milk chocolate eggs. not sure what else you can really do without sending chocolate but if i have anymore ideas i'll be sure to write them here :3
      my girls <3

Josie (SO)
      Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
      Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
      Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
      Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
      Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
      Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
      Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
      All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Thank you both, I love all your suggestions & am writing them down!

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
          Hmmm planning early is always better Were you looking for non candy totally?? I love peeps!!

I read about an adult type easter egg hunt.. so maybe take a spin off that. Get some plastic eggs and put some different type of surprises to open. they suggested maybe the little airplane size alcohol( not sure if you can mail that where you are) and other adult type goodies. Don't want to post them here, but can send you an pm
          This sounds like a great idea sasad

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post

Great idea! Maybe I'll make a little easter egg hunt in our house with stuff like that

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
            X