Confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused.

Hi. I'm new to the whole ldr thing. My lady left for a little while and she's still getting settled in her new home. She's only been gone for a week. She seems reserved and distant. Is it just the initial adjustment of this? Neither of us have done something like this and I want to be as much help to her as I can be. She is doing an internship in Orlando so the time difference is only two hours. I'm just struggling with the adjustment because she has been reserved and distant. She says she feels the same way and all those feelings are still there. I just wanted pointers on how to go about this.

If she is in a new place, new flat and new internship Job. Could talke a while to settle. Give it a few weeks. If it is still like that then try to talk ot through.

Comment

Definitely give it sometime. It's a huge adjustment for the both of you, on top of her having a new place to live and a new job.
      Make sure to communicate a lot. Don't forget to keep busy and not sit around waiting for text or calls.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

In addition to the above advice... don't pressure her right away to define her feelings for you and where you are as a couple yet. Just be supportive and ask about her day/week is going. When she gets settled and things fall into a routine for her, she'll have time to slow down and process her feelings for you and where you stand. Be patient and try to see things from her point of view. Maybe mail her a card as a nice gesture.
        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Niccolo167 View Post
          Hi. I'm new to the whole ldr thing. My lady left for a little while and she's still getting settled in her new home. She's only been gone for a week. She seems reserved and distant. Is it just the initial adjustment of this? Neither of us have done something like this and I want to be as much help to her as I can be. She is doing an internship in Orlando so the time difference is only two hours. I'm just struggling with the adjustment because she has been reserved and distant. She says she feels the same way and all those feelings are still there. I just wanted pointers on how to go about this.
          Give it time.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
          X