It's been almost six years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been almost six years...

...And after a few rocky patches, a couple of close calls, and a lot of figurative, and sometimes literal, blood, sweat, and tears, I've finally gotten my visa approved for a whole year to move and work up in Canada from the United States. It's only a year, but it's the real deal, and the closest we've ever gotten so far. We plan to reevaluate what we want to do when I am up there for a few months, but for now, this is really happening.

I haven't posted in this community for a long time, but I felt the need to break the news to everyone that this is finally happening. I am both excited and... To be honest, absolutely terrified. I feel what I am most worried about is that when we are in close distance with one another, things won't turn out to feel the same as they did when we spent shorter amounts of time together (which is to say, good - I absoluely love his company, whether in person or out). These fears seem even weirder to me since things have been going really well, if not the best it ever has in our relationship since we've worked on improving a lot of aspects about it.

I have an anxiety disorder, so I'm known for looking too hard into things and worrying a ton about it - but I do want other people's imput. What was it like when you finally closed the distance and moved in with your SO? What were the difficulties? The highlights? I want to hear your experiences and revel in the fact that, in just over a month, this will actually be happening.

Wow.

Wow congratulations!
    Try and remain positive!
    Met Online: 1998
    Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
    SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Hey, congrats!! I don't really have any answers for you (although I am also seeing a fella in Canada), but glad to see you around and I wish you the best!
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

That's a huge hurdle and if you can overcome that, you can overcome anything! congrats!!
        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Congrats!
          CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Comment

Working...
          X