Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion stress!

Hey guys!

My boyfriend and I are about to embark on our first reunion after 3 months of not seeing each other! We met in Idaho and he moved down to Texas about 2 months ago for a really good job opportunity. Unfortunately, I am stuck in Idaho for 2.5 more years of college. Yay....

Anyways, I am visiting him for a couple days during my spring break! I am so thrilled and he seems to be too but what's really eating away at me is the thought of him not feeling the same way he did before he left. We were head over heals for each other. He reassures me everyday that he still loves me just the same and there's nothing I can ever do that will make him love me less. However, I just can't shake the negative and scary thoughts. Have any of you ever experienced this? I really don't want these thoughts to ruin the trip. So what can I do to reassure myself that everything will be okay? He gives me so much reassurance and love but my mind just keeps drifting off in that direction. I know for a fact that I will feel love him even more so than I loved him before and I'm just worried he won't feel the same.

I was also wondering how you guys keep your emotions straight when you're on a visit. I am a super emotional/cry baby person and I already know that I'm going to be a mess. I just don't want it to be that way the whole visit. I want to cherish the moments we have. So how do you hold yourself together knowing that you'll be apart again very soon?

Thank you for being such a great and helpful community.

I can't speak to the first part of your post very well, so I will skip to the part I can discuss!

Originally posted by sarah557 View Post
    I was also wondering how you guys keep your emotions straight when you're on a visit. I am a super emotional/cry baby person and I already know that I'm going to be a mess. I just don't want it to be that way the whole visit. I want to cherish the moments we have. So how do you hold yourself together knowing that you'll be apart again very soon?
    I'm also SUPER emotional, so I empathize with this completely! I remember crying during the first week of my visit to my ex-SO because I knew I'd have to leave in 2 weeks. It's not a good habit to get into and it can take away from the good time you get to spend with your SO. Instead, I have found it helpful to try to focus on the now, and the beginning of the visit, rather than the later and after visit stuff. You can discuss future visits later, after you go back; use the time that you're spending with your SO to do things you enjoy together. I know that's easier said than done, and it may even take some practice, but it helps a lot to focus your energy on planning good times with your SO for the duration of your visit.

That being said, I don't think it's bad to have a little cry time at the end (lord knows I do it)... just try to condense it to like, the last day/morning, and maybe try to plan some extra fun stuff for that day (like a breakfast/lunch date) so you leave on a good note.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
    X