Ninth visit coming up end of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninth visit coming up end of the month

In 16 days my SO is coming to visit for a quick weekend. It has been 41 days since her last arrival....

I'd wanted her to visit on a 3 day weekend, but her second job has an "All-Hands on Deck" event that weekend. I'll pick her up Friday night at the airport, and it's straight home to bed....She will fly back out Sunday afternoon late.

Up to this point we have met for more of a "vacation type" time together. This time she will stay at my house, and I have some commitments to attend to. It is going to be more of an introduction to my everyday life. I'm going to try to introduce her to my daughters, and my parents at that time. Trying to figure out how best to prep them for it. And whether I owe my ex, who lives 1.2 miles down the road, advance notice.

Do I say: "I have a friend coming for the weekend, just so you know."

Or "My girlfriend is coming to spend the weekend with me, I'd like you to meet her so you can know about the other special people in my life. Her name is ML..."

This is our 9th time getting together in person since we met the first time last March. I've gotten reservations at a picturesque restaurant for Saturday night but the rest of the weekend is up in the air. I think it will be a challenge to maintain the honeymoon atmosphere we are used to.

Plans for our next meeting will be a week during her Spring Break the first week of April. On the itinerary is 4 days in a national park, plus a Half Marathon I'm entered in, then a local community dinner dance that night.

Honesty is best. If she is your girlfriend, that say that. You're an adult and it's perfectly okay for you to be in a relationship. I'd let them know ahead of time so that when they meet her isn't the first time they find out you have a girlfriend.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

When my current husband first started coming I always told my ex husband in advance.....but he and I have a unique relationship and he comes to my home twice a day to take care of the dogs and make sure the kids get off to school. I didn't want him to be surprised and walk in....after all, it was the home my ex and I bought together. He still won't come in the house when my husband is here (howeverthey are friendly and we do holidays and birthdays together)....although the a few weeks ago he was coming to pick up the kids and nobody was answering their cell phones, so he came in the house and knocked on my bedroom door. I thought it was one of the kids so I said "come in". I think my ex husband was surprised to find me laying in bed with my husband watching tv (not the same bed from my first marriage, FYI). I don't know which of the three of us was more shocked!
      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

If you and your ex are amicable enough, just be be honest, and ask her if she'll want to meet her at some point. If the relationship is hostile, tread carefully, because your kids are guaranteed to spill the beans anyway, so better it come gently from you.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

46 hours together started with a kiss at the airport at 8:15 pm, and a couple of Burgers from In-and-Out near by. It was an hour drive home from the airport. It was great having someone to sleep with and wake up to.

I made breakfast of Bacon and eggs on bagels while she got dressed. We drove together to the basketball game I was coaching where I left her in the stands with one of my trusted female friends who kept her engaged, and acted as a buffer while I coached my daughter's team to a semifinal victory. The ex and my parents were in the stands, along with another of my daughters.

After the game I took her to a local beach for a walk and drove home a different route, where I showed her a water buffalo dairy. She posted the first picture of us together on her Facebook page ever, along with a picture of her with a Water buffalo. The reception from her friends list was very supportive.

We arrived back home and I took her up to my parent's home for introductions. My parents were guarded. Mom was stiff and nervous, while my dad, was a little warmer. ML was a charming lady and handled it like a champ. My 16 year old daughter stopped by and said hello and I made the introduction. She was cool in her demeanor. Remains to be seen if there is going to be a discussion with the kids about Dad dating someone other than their mother. (she told the kids last April about the impending divorce.)

After a nap We drove 45 minutes to a winery for dinner, and she loved it. I loved having someone so appreciative enjoy the whole atmosphere of the experience. We stopped by a dive bar packed with senior citizens to dance to a live band for a few minutes, before returning home for the night.

The next morning she made biscuits for breakfast and wrote some recipes on cards for me. I took her to meet some of my running group before we went out for a run. I'd planned on a flat 4-6 miler but she opted for a hilly trail run of 8 miles, that was a PR for her in terms of elevation and distance. That run made me look more at just how rough the trails are that I run when she exclaimed "You run in this shit? Jesus Christ I can barely walk through it!" I was impressed with her toughness, and not a complaint the whole time.

After a couple of Sandwiches we hustled back to the house for a quick shower and drive to the airport and a tearful goodbye. Plans are in place for a Spring break trip at the beginning of April.

Comment

Sounds like the 2 of you had a very lovely visit!! awesome!
            Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
            ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
            closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Working...
            X