Custom coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom coupons

For Valentine's day I saw on Amazon at little booklet with coupons, on which redeemable things were written like "One full-body massage" or "One dinner at a fancy restaurant". I was going to buy it when I thought I could certainly do one myself.

So I'm trying to list some ideas. As far as I could see, there was a topic on that in 2010, but it does not provide many ideas. Besides, many new members since then means many potential new ideas

Here is what I have for now:

Dates category:
    • Cinema, you pick the movie
    • Dinner at a fancy restaurant
    • I cook your favorite dish for you
    • Promenade on the beach
    • Picnic

Cuddling/Kissing/Massage category:
    • A long hug, regardless of my mood
    • Long kissing, regardless of my mood
    • Massage (neck, back, feet, full-body)

Shopping and gifts category:
    • Getting you a new piece of clothing
    • Tea, coffee, wine, beverage-related
    • Flowers (to be offered at an unexpected moment within the next X days)
    • I drive you to X (where X is a shopping center, for instance my girlfriend loves Ikea and the closest one is 2h30 from her place - she doesn't have a car)

Home category:
    • I'll do all the chores today

Relationship problem solving category:
    • I'll leave the apartment entirely to you for 3 hours
    • I'll stop arguing and write my concerns on paper instead, then give you the results when it's done

Misc category:
    • I'll buy the flight tickets for your parents to come visit you (relevant if your SO moved abroad to live with you, and if you have the money for it)
    • You choose our next vacation destination

Any other ideas? (there are of course the X-rated ones but it's not the right part of the forum for that :P)

I'm particularly short of ideas of things that could turn out to be useful to solve relationship problems when living together. I found "I leave the place entirely to you for 3 hours" because I know both my girlfriend and I can have moment when we wish to be left alone to think. I'm a bit reluctant to have a "Forgiveness" coupon to force one person to forgive the other for a fault because forgiveness is not something we can force on the other, and it would feel more like a "Shut up" coupon that can actually damage the relationship. But their may be other things that could be useful when living together.
    Last edited by sunmat; February 18, 2017, 08:50 AM.

Maybe a coupon for just listening to her? Sometimes it's better to listen to listen rather than to listen to answer--so cliche, ugh. Does she like things like coffee, tea, wine...coupon to her favorite beverage shop? What about a boring/risky fill-in-the-blank coupon? Another idea was a coupon for flowers....but Idk, not sure that would totally destroy the specialness of receiving flowers to have to ask for them.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I'll edit my initial post whenever someone brings new ideas.

For the "listening" coupon, I don't think there is a need for a coupon :P that's kind of the basis of relationships to be able to just listen.

Comment

Check this out: [broken link] and [broken link]
        Last edited by hmrambling; February 20, 2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I know some couples enjoy arts and crafts while others do not, I know my boyfriend doesn't but I love painting and sketching. So he agrees to make a scrapbook with me and do a PaintNite, an activity one of us enjoys that the other may not. Like I agree to play video games with him.
          First Met Online: April 2016
          Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
          First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
          Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

Working...
          X