Hi, guys! I'm new here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, guys! I'm new here!

Call me Camiul, and I've stumbled in this forum while trying to search for a good topic for my write-up.

I'm a 20-year old college student who has a long distance relationship with a 27-year old man (who's actually going to be 28 this March). It's going to be our first anniversary on March, too, and although few friends tell me that we're going strong and one year is already a long time, I don't feel like it's really long, at all. Time flies by too fast, but I don't think I can boast that one year of long distance relationship (although I'm proud I fell in love with a guy like him). I want to stay in this relationship more until the day I live with him. Then and only then, I can boast this relationship to everyone, and tell them that we made it work.

My parents are strict. That one rule is "No Boyfriend until 25 years old!" should not be broken, yet I broke that (secretly). Yep, my relationship with him is secret, and only my 3 siblings know about it, plus some college friends who still accepted me, because in this conservative country (and a conservative me), having a boyfriend outside of the country (and doing kinky stuff on the net) is definitely a no-no (and to some other people, it usually comes with some critiques, rumors, and judgments). I don't even have privacy at my own house. I have no room. I share a bed with my mom (because this house is too small for everyone to have their own rooms, in a family of 6 persons).

There are a lot of hindrances to this relationship of mine. I don't even know if my parents will accept a guy much older than me, but I'm willing to defend him when the time comes.

Because of these hindrances, I'm sure I'll be needing all sorts of advice here in this forum. I would love to hear tips and would love to engage on conversations with others that are experiencing the same. I'll be checking this forum more now that I made an account here, and I hope I get along with everyone! Also, I'm sorry for my long post, but I guess this covers up entirely about me and my very first love relationship with the best guy ever <3
    Last edited by Camiul; February 19, 2017, 12:35 AM.

Hey welcome! I'm new on here too I'm a 22 year old straight guy from the UK and I guess it's rare the guy looks online for these sorts of things but here I am, I've recently met a girl from the US who is also 20 and is in a similar dilemma with whether or not to keep this kind of thing a secret from family. She and I both live with family and I have already told mine about her and that I'd like to go and visit however it has been made apparent that her father is relatively strict and can be overprotective. Because of this she felt that when the time came for me to visit she would aim to keep it from her family and make it just between us. However I would feel much more comfortable if she was to talk to her father about me when she feels comfortable about doing so. It would give me piece of mind knowing her father isn't going to hunt me down across the ocean haha xD and also would make it much easier when I went over to visit without having to worry about him asking where she is all the time. My advice (if you can even call it that) is I guess would be to atleast consider letting your parents/family know before you meet for the first time or what have you, for your own safety and your SO's
    Last edited by FondueForever; February 20, 2017, 08:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

hello and welcome!!
      Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
      ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
      closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Welcome to the site!
        CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Comment

FondueForever! Welcome to this site, too! I don't know about your SO's family rules about dating, but I get how dads are protective when it comes to their daughters. My dad's main fear, I guess, is havinga guy getting me pregnant, resulting me to living a poor life because I'm not financially ready in raising a child (LDR's good, we girls never get pregnant ) but just the same as your SO, I want to at least meet my boyfriend in person before introducing him to my family. My SO has this mindset that he wants me to be 25 years old by then before he goes to our country to meet my parents, and then he'd take me with him as he goes back to his country. I don't think I'd like that tho and it's not that simple, like, I'm suddenly turning 25 and then I'll tell my dad to let me go to my SO's country to live with him (since his work is there). It's not a one-time meeting with parents and off we go. My parents would like to get to know my guy better. And having him meet my parents on the day that I would also meet him for the first time, I'll think it's going to be chaos. For sure my parents would question the both of us, like, if I truly know him already when we haven't met yet etc. So I at least would like to meet him first and spend time with him before my parents do, even if it's a secret. Although I know what you mean. My SO means a lot to me, and I want him to get along with my family especially my dad. Not to mention, overprotective fathers are super scary when they get mad, and it's better to be honest and tell everything first before the introduction. I just hope my parents aren't as strict as they are :/

Sparkling72 and Loveyoumore, thanks for welcoming me here! \(^U^)/

Comment

Welcome! I wish you the best of luck and a lot of strength and patience for your relationship. I can't imagine what it must be like having to keep a secret like that when you dont have much privacy at all at home. I hope it's going to work out with your parents!

Comment

ethelynn, thank you! It's really difficult but we try to make it work, and sometimes my SO and I do videochats secretly *in front of my mom* by using messenger video chats, me with my earphones on and him talking most of the time on the videochat while I type my replies. Just because I miss hearing his voice and he understands my situation, he's willing to do the talking all the time while I just listen and type u///u

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Welcome to this forum.
                  Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
                  X