Hello from Slovenia :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Slovenia :)

Greetings, i'm a bachelor computer science student. Me and my SO met in Counter Strike Global Offensive video game. We are both in our early 20's. We are in a LDR for 1.5 years and have met many times. She is from Germany. She is in the same field, but in Masters. I want to move to Germany after I finish my Bachelor and get my diploma. We meet on average every 2 months so it's kind of bearable. We had our ups and downs but it's hanging there. The amount of time left untill we could possibly close the distance is still a bit, 1.5 years, which is still some.

It's my first relationship and i have never been with anyone else before so sometimes it's hard to put stuff in perspective. Sometimes we talk about how it would work out in the long run and there are always doubts, but im not sure if they are enough to even think about not working towards the relationship. I feel like she is the one and can't imagine myself without her.

I also have a problem with procrastinating things that should not be and being not-so-motivated most of the time, like learning her language, which would also help me more when I would move there. I only have some basic conversation in German :/. I had bad anxiety before, becuase of my insecurities of the relationship, went to counseling and that didn't help so much. I slowly found myself again and got busy so i would not think of it too much which also helped my anxiety and stress.

I have been browsing the r/longdistance subreddit on reddit for some time, so I do know my way around LDRs but there's always new things to learn. Hope we can all share our good and bad experiences to learn from eachother.

She just left on her train home an hour ago .

Hello and welcome to LFAD!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Welcome! Me and my SO met through a game as well, League of Legends! Good luck!
      First Met Online: April 2016
      Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
      First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
      Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

Hello and welcome! I think a lot of people meet that way nowadays
        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Thank you all, funny thing is at start we both played the game alot, I probably played it alot more than her, but still. But now we barely play it due to other priorities. Just shows how much we changed. I always feared we would grow out of each other and that it would draw us further apart, but It did not. I feel like LDR's can be so much more emotional, atleast for me.

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Working...
            X