Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visitting SO with fulltime work

Hi all,
    I was just wondering how many of you have managed to visit their international SO (we're talking opposite sides of the world), multiple times a year with a fulltime job? By the time I visit mine for the first time in June, I will have about 8 weeks leave which is very good news, however, they will get chewed up quickly.
    I plan to visit my SO twice a year (about June and October at this stage), and have him come visit me during Summer for hopefully about three months. I'm not able to take time off work during February and April due to it being our busiest time of year, but I would hope to be able to take at least one week off in January. The other times will be two to three weeks at a time.
    This will only happen til the end of next year. We've known each other online for so long, (19 years) which will enable us to more quickly decide to close the distance quicker and we feel that by then, we will have decided what we're doing.

Thanks all; Interested in your stories here.

(106 days!
    Met Online: 1998
    Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
    SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Im an Aussie full time student with an American working full time and multiple visits per year is not easy at all!! This is actually the first year we're managing to squeeze in 2 trips per year, only because he has decided he's sick of the rules at work and is working practically every weekend as well to accrue enough days overtime. Previously we've only been able to visit for 2 weeks each year due to incompatible schedules in when he can take his 2 weeks paid leave off and where my study breaks happen. I think its amazing that you guys are in situations that allow you to spend that much time of the year together - really gotta appreciate it cuz a lot of us LDR situations are not that lucky.

Have you seen eachother in person before during the 19 years?

Comment

I plan to visit SO a lot more again once I set up my businiss and make money from it, then I can work from anywhere. He works on almost every visit too, so it will not be weird. Last time I visited, I did a lot of work on my visit, and on previous visitis I have studied.

Right now, I see him about every 3-4 months, I hope to make that more like every 2nd month. In time I want to be able to buy a flat in his country and then there is just the cost of travel.

I have visited SO up to 4 weeks a time before, but I dont plan to it again because, again, he is working very hard in the middle of summer, and I dont want to rent a random place for a whole month. I might do it once I buy the flat. We might also make him move here, depending on what happens. He does not have that much holiday time, so he cant come here for long time, maybe 2 weeks max because he has to see his family too, but when he worked season he stayed a month.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Yes, we do consider ourselves lucky; He's inbetween jobs which is going to make things easier to do at this point.
        No, we haven't met in person; June will be the first time.

(103)!

Comment

Originally posted by rache82 View Post
          Hi all,
          I was just wondering how many of you have managed to visit their international SO (we're talking opposite sides of the world), multiple times a year with a fulltime job? By the time I visit mine for the first time in June, I will have about 8 weeks leave which is very good news, however, they will get chewed up quickly.
          I plan to visit my SO twice a year (about June and October at this stage), and have him come visit me during Summer for hopefully about three months. I'm not able to take time off work during February and April due to it being our busiest time of year, but I would hope to be able to take at least one week off in January. The other times will be two to three weeks at a time.
          This will only happen til the end of next year. We've known each other online for so long, (19 years) which will enable us to more quickly decide to close the distance quicker and we feel that by then, we will have decided what we're doing.

Thanks all; Interested in your stories here.

(106 days!
          Looking at your screenname, and the 19yrs. that you have known eachother. Did you both meet when you both were 16yrs.-old?

It sounds like you have a great visitation plan.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

We live close enough to do long weekends so thats why we can meet more often. It's quite expensive and we can't experience longer time together. So te option is to have a long weekend every 6 weeks or one long visit 1-2 times a year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chris516;434495]Looking at your screenname, and the 19yrs. that you have known eachother. Did you both meet when you both were 16yrs.
              Actually, no, I was born in 79; that was the year my Ex was born who was also long distance and the initial reason I joined this site. It didn't work out, but just by chance, I happened to get into my current one not long after; Neither of us were expecting it. He's 42.
              Thank you for the support and encouragement Chris.
              All the best.

Comment

Working...
              X