First time meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time meeting

So we finally met a couple days ago outside a mall here. We pulled up in a taxicab and he was waiting a ways away outside. I honestly could not tell if it was him or not. I cannot remember faces at all no matter how hard I try, so the only way I can recognize people is by things I remember about them. He wasn't wearing what I expected and I didn't expect him to already be there, but he had a backpack which I knew he would, so I got out of the car and just looked at him until he finally looked up from his phone. His face was like "ahh, finally," so I definitely knew it was him. My sister grabbed my phone to video and I ran to hug him. Our heads went the exact same way and hit each other, so it was rather clumsy lol. My knees were knocking .
    For like the first 30 minutes, I struggled to comprehend that it was actually him---he looked and sounded so different from video! His voice gets deeper when he's nervous, and his face looked backward. Plus, he wasn't just a blip on a screen anymore...he was a whole huge person.
    Has anyone else had that feeling of wait...what? when they first met? Please don't tell me I'm alone in this
    sigpic

When I met my SO at the airport like i'd said like a full sentence at her and she just sort of stared at me and was like "...you have a lisp in real life how have i not heard this before???" Apparently in the year we'd been talking on voice chatting she'd never noticed it at all and was so confused when she actually heard me talk haha. And you're definitely not alone, I always feel it feels totally surreal for like the first day and then it sort of sets in like um what this is a real person.
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

When we first met, I just froze when I saw him at the airport and didn't know what to do and kept saying you're real?! and just trying to process it haha. So yeah you're definitely not alone! It's weird seeing someone in person that you're so used to seeing only on a screen!

Comment

Originally posted by aaxo View Post
        When we first met, I just froze when I saw him at the airport and didn't know what to do and kept saying you're real?! and just trying to process it haha. So yeah you're definitely not alone! It's weird seeing someone in person that you're so used to seeing only on a screen!
        I know what you mean about that,I actually met a guy online before,before my boyfriend and me were together,it was pretty weird

Comment

Soo exciting!!! How are you guys liking India?

Comment

I knew it was her from first sight. Though I kind of just stood there and looked at her until she stood up and came to me.
            First contact: March, 2014
            Official LDR: June, 2014
            Married since: August, 2017
            “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

Originally posted by xxcazaxx View Post
              Soo exciting!!! How are you guys liking India?
              It's definitely been different! Both my sister and I have online classes and a storm knocked out our WiFi, and because of Holi we haven't been able to get it fixed. Mobile hotspots ftw I guess!
              sigpic

Comment

So can't wait to be able to be in India for holi. Hopefully there is an internet cafe nearby that still has working internet.

Comment

Originally posted by xxcazaxx View Post
                  So can't wait to be able to be in India for holi. Hopefully there is an internet cafe nearby that still has working internet.
                  We haven't been allowed to go outside actually because there's too many cases of allergic reactions to harmful materials inside colors, and we'd probably be targeted as foreigners. But yeah, this is the one I've always wanted to see, so being inside during it hasn't been that exciting!
                  sigpic

Comment

When we first met, I was looking for her in the airport.. I was quite tired after a 9 hours flight, but I was sure I'd recognize her, and I didn't see her in the arrivals hall ! ... She gently tapped on my shoulder, from behind, and I was surprised, but very happy to see her. I recognized her instantly, from her looks and her sense of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lio View Post
                      When we first met, I was looking for her in the airport.. I was quite tired after a 9 hours flight, but I was sure I'd recognize her, and I didn't see her in the arrivals hall ! ... She gently tapped on my shoulder, from behind, and I was surprised, but very happy to see her. I recognized her instantly, from her looks and her sense of humor.
                      This reminds me of when i first met my ex for the first time. I'd been traveling for like 16 hours and was pretty out of it and was just sort of following people and hoping i'd find my suitcase. I followed the signs to the luggage hall and was going down the escalator when i saw these two girls smiling at me and holding a camera and i was like just like aw they look happy i wonder who they're waiting for- omg that's her and her friend! thankfully this realisation happened rather fast and i was ready to hug her by the time i reached the bottom. I just remember being way more concerned about the fact I hadn't collected my luggage (As i've never been to an airport in my life where the public are allowed to e in the baggage hall) and i'd gone the wrong way somewhere than the fact she was there and real lol.
                      my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                      Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                      Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                      Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                      Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                      Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                      Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                      Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                      All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Working...
                      X