Ideas on what to wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas on what to wear?

Okay, so I got my visa last month and now that all the USCIS stuff is out of the way for the time being, we can finally start planning wedding stuff - hooray! Now I've never been interested in a huge affair with lots of people there - the thought of being the centre of attention fills me with dread - so we're doing a very small, private, informal ceremony outdoors. It'll be me, my SO and some of his family. My family were unable to make plans to fly out at short notice, so we plan to do something for them next year.

What I'm really stuck with, is what to wear. I'm not sure I feel entirely comfortable with a dress, and especially seeing as how it's going to be outdoors I'm not sure if that's a very practical idea. I'm not totally set against it, and I've been looking at kinda boho/gypsy style dresses, but I wondered if any of you lovely people out there can offer me alternative ideas/suggestions? I'm searching for inspiration and am totally open to any ideas!

Depends on what YOU want.. I had a formal 30 foot train and I had a Jessica M gown. I will be married on the beach most likely next May, so am looking as well . I love the gypsy style and really don't want a long dress at all. ( but I am NOT wearing a bathing suit!!) I think its what you feel beautiful in vs what peeps say you have to wear,

Look for something that is YOU. Doesn't have to be white, doesn't have to be a dress.

Where will you be getting married? What will the weather be like? Any type of theme? Give your self a start point and see where it goes.! Fun times!!

Comment

I'm in your same situation! We are planning to get married in September but I don't like big things nor a classic wedding nor fairytale dresses.
      Since it's probably going to be fairly warm I am thinking about wearing a nice short dress, very plain, and probably not white. But I'd say anything works -after all, it's your wedding and your choice!
      Have you tried to take a look at pinterest? You are likely to find plenty of stuff there

Comment

What time of year will you be getting married? When my SIL got married it was winter and in northern England there was lots of snow, she went for a red dress and the photos of the red against the snow are stunning.

What's your usual style like?

Comment

Originally posted by littlewingxx View Post
          I'm not sure I feel entirely comfortable with a dress!
          Last edited by hmrambling; March 8, 2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

it just depends on what you want to wear and what you feel comfortable in,it's your day after all right?

Comment

Oops...completely forgot I'd posted this! Thank you all for your input, I bought my outfit yesterday and it's completely "unwedding-y" and I love it! It's made from Harris tweed in a nice earthy tartan - much nicer than it sounds! It's totally unique and different, and I get to have a little something from my home on my day too.

Comment

You could start with a simple wedding dresses. Simple design dress with one color such us white or.. what else? i think white color is always the best color in wedding

But remember, wedding is a special event, so you have to make it a little bit more glamorous. Add a small flower bouquet on your wedding decoration, and set a beautiful venue for your wedding. Don't forget the wedding songs too.

Comment

Working...
                X