Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice

I'm new to the page, but when I found out about this page it made me feel a lot better looking at people's stories and realizing I'm not the only one going through things.

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 1 year and 8 months now. A couple days ago he graduated AIT down in Georgia and I got to see him for just two days. I made the best out of them because I knew what was coming next. He is getting deployed to South Korea for a year. My thing is I don't know how to be okay with this. I'm trying my hardest to be strong for him because I love him very much, but it's so hard. The time difference is 15 hours and now I'm very worried about losing communication.
    I love my boyfriend and I know that he loves me. He tells me he sees his self with me in the future and he always tells me to stop overthinking things because they will work out. It's hard not to overthink. I'm worried that there are other girls out there who are going to try and flirt with him. I know I have no control over that, but I don't want to know if that happens. I'm scared we will fall out of love. I'm scared things won't be the same. I'm mostly scared because I don't want to loose him.
    I know he loves me a lot because the way he treats me and how he talks about our future with me. But I just cannot bare with the fact that he will be gone for a year. How do I manage to be okay? How do I manage to smile and stay strong? He always tells me time will go by fast but to me it's like waiting a lifetime. We are both young I'm 19 and so is he so we cannot get married yet. It sucks and I just want some advice on how to stay strong and how to keep faith in this relationship. The more I talk about it the more it just hurts me so much inside...

Welcome to LFAD. Thing is, majority of the worry you feel will come from overthinking things, so you have to take a deep breath and look at it logically. Is he going to be deployed for a year, then return to where you are? If so, then you have a good idea of when he'll come back. Being deployed, the forces will pretty much dictate when and how you'll both be able to contact each other - you have to be prepared for the fact that there may be days when you may not be able to talk at all. Military LDRs are taxing, and difficult, but if you both remain focused on the fact you'll only be apart a year, then it'll make it easier on you both in the long run. They aren't impossible to contend with, however, and you'll find that after awhile, you'll likely get used to the "routine" of how much contact you can have. Once that "routine" is established, you may even find time passing by even quicker.

Comment

Welcome!
      You'll be fine I'm sure! Sadly, that time difference is average for some of us; We're 17 hours - use to be 19 before their clocks went back.
      Best of luck though!
      Met Online: 1998
      Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
      SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Working...
      X