Choosing To Stay or Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Choosing To Stay or Go

Hi. So my name is diamond and im 15 yrs old. My mom got a good job offering for working in Arizona but she put it on hold so I wouldnt have to leave my friends and boyfriend.My friends id feel like they would suplort me. Not that my bf wouldnt but its more of the fact that he would be sad and maybe even depressed if i left. My bf has depression and hes told me im the only thing that makes him happy anymore ive suggested us doing LDR but hes told me he has tried it before and he didnt like it. I dont want to leave him but at the same time im unhappy im where i live. I deal with depression and anxiety and my mother and I are in a rough situation rn where moving to arizona seemed like heaven. We both are tired of where we live but the only difference is my bf. Who i love so much. Hes my first love I just need some advice so if anyone has some please help me
    Last edited by msdiamond2001; March 15, 2017, 08:02 PM.

The most important thing in life will always be your happiness and if you're not happy where you are and the idea of moving away helps you, you should go for it. Yes your bf might be sad that you have to go but he shouldn't be that reliant on you that he needs you to be there with for him to be happy. Many of us on here have, and have had depression and anxiety and everyone will tell you that relying solely on someone else to get through through those is really unhealthy and not good for anyone. The bottom line is if you think moving would be better in the long run for you and your mum, do it. Your bf may be upset and take time to adjust but i'm sure he'll be fine after awhile. As for the fact he's said he doesn't want a ldr, you're probably just going to sit him down and say you're going to move and if he still wants to be with you he'll have to try a ldr and yeah really the most you can ask of him is to try and deal with it. Never ever let a boyfriend hold you back from doing something you really want.
    Best of luck :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~