No announcement yet.

is 3 years too much for LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, there was a funded group at one point.. but i was prett controlled.
    https://www.today.com/health/long-di...udy-6C10660702

I think some of the time could have been serviced from military deployment perhaps?

I have know my SO for over 14 years, in fact we dated way back then, but i dont ococount any of that as art of my LDR.Cant really, we didn't commit until May 2015. We are one of the lucky ones that can afford long and frequent visits ( he can work from anywhere there is inet and we both are stable and set in our careers -financially)
    Again, yes its more then possible Will you make it? We have NO clue. Decide what it is yo and your partner can deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by rache82 View Post

And visas too?!
      We're only planning about two years before we close the distance as we've known each other online for 19 years.
      Just a wild guess, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. Most people seem to be in an LDR 2-3 years before they close the distance. Don't take it literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
        Well I mean, when an LDR ends it could be because the couple has closed the distance... so yeah I agree with all the others who say to be wary of the statistic.
        That is true. An LDR can end for two reasons: either the LD becomes CD or the relationship stops...
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

50% of marriages end in divorce and yet people do it. We all want to the ones to beat the odds.

I like statistics. But they only give an indication. You can't win unless you try. I know I wrote this already earlier but decisions don't have to be forever.

Comment

We also just celebrated our 5-year anniversary and we've been LD the entire time. Like some people have already said, only the two of you can decide if 3 years is too long or not. I'm sure if we did a statistic on this site, the average length would be longer. It all depends on the circumstances.

Comment

It will be 4 years this fall. And there are couples who do it for much, much longer, for different reasons. For me, I dont mind another 4 years, but it is the not knowing when that sometimes wears me down. I wish there was some timeline but there is not. For now we just focus on making money, fixing our jobs and having visits.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
                Just a wild guess, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. Most people seem to be in an LDR 2-3 years before they close the distance. Don't take it literally.
                E

Wow, don't get worked up; I wasn't. Was just saying that I hadn't come across that stat. *sigh*
                Met Online: 1998
                Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
                SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Working...
                X