Dealing with a passive aggressive GF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R&R View Post
    A relationship can't be based on YouTube vidoes, memes and MMO's. Though it's good to have things in common, a relationship needs substance. It's not going to grow if there's nothing solid for it to be based on. You may want to step away from the MMO and take time to really talk and get to know one another. Take a look at this and see how many of these things you know about her and what she knows about you:

It sounds like you two really need to spend time getting to know each other at individuals before making such a big trip in June.
    I see... the trip has been planned but I'll look at this, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
      A relationship can't be based on YouTube vidoes, memes and MMO's. Though it's good to have things in common, a relationship needs substance. It's not going to grow if there's nothing solid for it to be based on. You may want to step away from the MMO and take time to really talk and get to know one another. Take a look at this and see how many of these things you know about her and what she knows about you:

https://www.romanceways.com/100-best...questions.html

It sounds like you two really need to spend time getting to know each other at individuals before making such a big trip in June.
      Totally agree with everything R&R said, just wanted to chip in with my own experience. I met my SO on a game and all we really did was play games together for the first few months of being friends and like that was fine and we'd voice chat while playing the game so we obviously talked about some things but just after we started officially dating we both came to the realisation that we didn't really know anything about each other, like even really simple stuff like favourite foods or favourite books. We'd bonded over playing this game and fallen for each others personalities, but apart from that we knew nothing about each other. So we started having date nights where we would play our game together and then have little breaks in between to ask questions about each other and that we we still got to play our games and we got to know each other a bit more.

The questions linked above are great, but i know just answering questions can be quite boring so try spice it up a bit. My SO and I found this bingo set was a great way to make it more interesting if you can both print stuff it and make it work.

My general advice to you though would be to just stop worrying and overthinking everything she does. Relationships aren't supposed to be rainbows and happiness all the time. There are days when she'll be too tired to talk and cancel a date night and you'll have to just take that as it is and not make a big deal out of it. You both need to work on making this work and for that you really need to be on the same page about this.
      Best of luck!
      my girls <3

Josie (SO)
      Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
      Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
      Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
      Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
      Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
      Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
      Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
      All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Me ...and I'm sorry for accusing you of blowing me off. You're always there when I need you and I appreciate it. If you want to level tomorrow you're welcome to come.
        6:29PM

Her: Thank you c: i maybe will be with my mnk

Me: Cool, lmk. I'll be at LBR studio for around an hour and a half to two hours so I'm out around 5:30 to 6pm est.

Her: Oki

She seemed to like the other apology. I'll definitely read the links you've given but yes I realize I know a bit about her already like favorite food, music, etc. I'll build on this knowledge, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
          Do you even consider it to be something more serious, OP? Other than an in-game "awkward pseudo relationship"?
          Probably... we're in a weird state... we moved very fast in the beginning. Talked around November December and went out December after never really meeting IRL. We knew each other from before but just casually. Around Late February she went to a convention and some things happened that made her realize "what if we don't click in June then what?" After me just not getting she wanted to slow down and being called controlling and shit I backed off and we've just taken it slow. She said she didn't want to give up in June but b/c we moved too fast we should slow down. Contact just stayed to social media and she mentioned work and stuff even though she hangs out with friends. Everything was cool then until yesterday. That's what I meant by pseudo-relationship even though he shares some intimate details still. Again I'm going to continue to slow down but try to become a better person overall for her and others b/c I do care about her.
          Last edited by Rightsmach; March 18, 2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

This is the second post like this,, and you keep sending text to her, posting here and asking us... listen to R&R and go to those links and learn about this other person. You both remind me of when EQ came out ( ya. I dated myself) and people used to walk around and talk like we were in the game.. and being married was sooo real hah. Again you are looking for stuff and trying to make drama when there is none. And you keep on after it should have been done. Are you all just going to game when you visit or actually try to have a RL relationship??? Sorry, if i seem harsh, but go re-read your other issue and how we are responding again..

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
              This is the second post like this,, and you keep sending text to her, posting here and asking us... listen to R&R and go to those links and learn about this other person. You both remind me of when EQ came out ( ya. I dated myself) and people used to walk around and talk like we were in the game.. and being married was sooo real hah. Again you are looking for stuff and trying to make drama when there is none. And you keep on after it should have been done. Are you all just going to game when you visit or actually try to have a RL relationship??? Sorry, if i seem harsh, but go re-read your other issue and how we are responding again..
              No, at least when we were talking more we talked about going to a local beach area and also trying out foods in different places. We both are foodies of some sort so yeah.

Comment

Working...
              X