X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

162 days left to see him!

Hey there guys!

Just here to share how I planned our first meeting (:

He's in Brasília, Brasil (the capital) and I'm originally from Portugal, but right now I live in Angola (that's Africa for those of you who hate geography hehe). We have been dating since July 23rd 2016 (so 8 months now).

I wasn't supposed to visit him this year (2017) so we were gonna wait until 2018 because:
    1. In all honesty life for him isn't financially comfortable enough that he could take care of it alone and everything in Brazil is so expensive including air travel, not to mention he would need a VISA to visit Angola and Africa is... well... Africa. It would be needed a miracle;

2. Although I have a really good paying job working for the Portuguese embassy here I am still living with my parents because reasons and they would've been quite annoying with me spending money with it if I told them we were dating. Plus I don't have intimacy with them for such things like disclosing I'm dating someone who's so far away, I don't know, its a thing between me and my parents we just don't talk about certain things, I feel uncomfortable;

3. I thought I had less vacation days left than I actually do - but human resources at work called us in for seeing how we'd do with holidays and I realized I had 15 days left (dumb me).

So my plan was, because every year I go to Portugal for a month and to visit Portugal he doesn't need a VISA, my plan was to meet there in Portugal, even if that mean't I'd pay for everything for him.

However that wasn't a plan for 2017 because things need be prepared with time and he doesn't even have a passport yet.

But in December, as I said, I found out I actually have 15 days to waste so in January I decided to throw it all to the sky and go for it: I'd tell my parents I wanted to travel alone (I've traveled alone to Germany before anyway just because I felt like), this time to Brazil.

So I did that, they weren't fond because Brazil is quite dangerous for a 23 year old girl to go alone but they can't exactly say no. This being said, in January I bought my plane ticket from Luanda to São Paulo and a bridge ticket to Brasília. Then I searched online for a hotel - why? He lives with his mother, two brothers and niece and I wouldn't want to dare be a hassle specially because they aren't exactly full of money to spend on hosts, even tho they actually know he's dating me (but don't rly give it credit, unfortunately). So I found a hotel on Airbnb for us, an apartment-hotel actually and I paid for it and confirmed the booking.

So now I'm waiting days to pass to see him for the first time. It's an adventure I suppose and one I'm willing to go through halfway of it alone just to be with him. His family knows of me but for some reason they can't believe a "girl like me" whatever that means, I suppose an embassy employee that is currently mastering in psychology would want to date just some guy from Brazil who's dropped out school because they didn't have the money to keep him there. I guess people with harsh life experiences don't believe in silly little things such as long distance love. His gamily keeps saying I'm not actually gonna go, or that I'm gonna realize or think he's not good enough because this and that but... We're here and we love each other and we're gonna do this. I guess they'll believe it when he takes me there to meet them...

So this is our story and I can't wait to actually touch him and know what he smells like, and all those lame things y'all can understand and relate to!

*hugs*
Working...
X